Remember fashions from your childhood?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Ohh my this one should be funny.

My favourite clothes were: my (red polysester ewww) Spanish lady dress - a wee flamenco dress, its sole claim to fame was that it twirled out so much when I spun that you could see my knickers!

I also had a wee tartan duffel coat. The BEST and hokiest of all though...my WOMBLE FLARES! I had two pairs, in bottle green and chocolate brown, each with a womble on the pocket.

Gosh I'm old!

:lol:

Sue

I had some awful black and white check trousers when I was about 9/10, they were my favourite trousers in the world :oops: They were my 'chef' trousers (I was adament I was going to be a chef for about a year) and even wore them on TV on 'Can't Cook, Won't Cook when I was 10....

.........oh the shame :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh God, I had some awful clothes as a kid, my mother should have been shot. I'll post a picture of an all in one flared number i had :shock: when I can get it off my Mum.
I also had a matching skirt & top, white with different coloured squares all over it, I luuuuuuuuuuuurved that outfit!!!!

Nicki.x :D

I'll have to dig out a picture I have of me and my brother (bearing in mind it was the mid seventies!)

I'm wearing a blue torquoise madras checked dress with enormous bright white round collars!! My brother is wearing a bright green paisley patterned shirt, and when you look really hard, you realise he is also wearing a matching tie!!! :shock:

I must be the only person that looks back fondly at my old clothes! I own a vintage clothes business and have pictures as a kid in my flared jeans, faux fur coats and sunglasses and I still dress similar nowadays! Then again there are questionable pics of me and my bro (he's only 11 months and 16 days older than me) in matching outfits, tartan being one that's particularly cringey!

Shell suits!
Leg warmers
EAR warmers :lol:
Snoods
Thin leather ties with paint splashes on
Illuminous socks

my mum used to dress me and my brothers as saloirs??
and i loved my shellsuits

I remember all my clothes being brown / beige / orange - yuck yuck yuck

My mum used to make mum and daughter matching party frocks for us - I remember a bright red nylon one with lovely tartan trim :shock: It was bad enough me wearing them, but my mum :oops: :oops: :oops:

it's like a scarf thing, like a tube of wool you put over your head.

kinda like this:
Snood.JPG

Thats a posh looking one!

ahhh lol, never had one of those! I missed out, looks cozy!

I had a snood.

Also hyper hyper t-shorts that changed colours when you were warm, and my rara skirts, loved them!!!

I think my worst stage was grunge though, no idea why I never had a boyfriend then :?

my mum kept a lot of my clothes, she actually thought I would wear them on Jessica. She was very very wrong :roll: :talkhand:

I had a supergran jumper
a pair of polyester green mr men dungarees
a shell suit
a snood
cullottes (she got my wee sister a pair today (ali's 9))

globalhyper colour t shirts

Shell suits (argh)

Boys went througha phase of wearing trousers backwards with thier under pants up to their waist

every one seemed to have reebok pump up trainers when i had naf hi-tec boots!!

naf-naf clothing!

tie-dye t shirts

cerise pink crinkle shoes
braces
ski pants
fluro socks
bat wing jumpers

Did any one have their hair in a 'flick'??? mine was sprayed so much you could lift it up like a chicken wing!!! This was when i was about 13.

I love the 8o's!!!

Naf Naf
Shell suits
Collots
Ascot trainer boots that you could buy in bright red, green, blue or black
Bermuda shorts
Ski pants (leggings with the elastic under the foot!!)

I love these topics, reminds me of my childhood, i always smile when i write these :D :D

jelly shoes!
shell suits especially this pink one i had
ski pants over my boots!!
acid suits
bottle tops on my shoes (bros) :lol:
and patches with bros on my jeans!

oh my days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics