Regular spotting before period

Tweed

Reaction score
I am 38 and ttc. I have a history of irregular cycles, but I was extremely overweight. 18 months ago, I had bariatric surgery and have lost 165 lbs. I am still overweight (5'1'" and 166 lbs.), but much less so. After surgery, I had the implant for 12 months because it is dangerous to conceive so soon after surgery. I got the implant out 6 months ago to allow my cycle to normalize for a while before ttc. Anyway, my cycles have been very regular, but very different from before the weight loss. I now have a 26 day cycle with a 13 day luteal phase My concern is that I start spotting about 5 days prior to each period. Spotting is light, but thicker in consistency and brownish. It is only noticeable when I wipe. From what I gather, this can be due to low progesterone. (Interestingly, I spotted nearly every day with the implant, which is progesterone based birth control). Anyway, I was just curious if anybody else who regularly spots this early has gotten pregnant and what supplements/medications people have found helpful. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey. I'm sorry but I've not had any experience of this. Have you mentioned it to your doctor?

Good luck with your TTC journey x

Hey. I'm sorry but I've not had any experience of this. Have you mentioned it to your doctor?

Good luck with your TTC journey x

Not yet, but I have an appointment at the end of the month. I like going into the office knowing what tests and/or meds I am asking for. I am trying to get an idea of what suggestions to give the doctor. I think if you just leave it up to what they choose to suggest, you may not always get the results you are looking for. That was my experience anyway, at least with bariatric surgery. I had spent years severely obese and having infertility due to my weight. I was not losing fast enough or consistently enough and time was ticking biologically. It was not until I suggested surgery that my doctor considered it and discussed it with me. Sometimes I think doctors just choose the path of least resistance. But..I will suggest aome hormonal testing though.

I think its a very good idea to go prepared with suggestions. I hope you get answers and help so then you can progress in your ttc journey. Good luck x

It’s a difficult one I have this every month it has got better went from 9 days sometimes to 4/5 days. It’s one of those things no one really knows why. Last time they told me it was my pre AF just being sluggish and this is why I had the spotting.

I had bloods taking and all ok but Iv always thought it was a lining issue.

Best of luck to you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back