Regular periods can't get pregnant

hopefulmum2014

Reaction score
Hi I have regular periods 28-30 days and ov day 13-15 been ttc for nearly 2 years, had all tests with doctors and so has my OH and all has come back normal.
After ov I get dull aches/cramps for 4-5 days, after researching I am wondering if maybe I have blocked tubes or something.
Just thought I would post in here to see if anyone has same problem or has any advice or thoughts? xxxx

What tests did they do? Probably just checked your hormones to see if they're normal and that you ovulated.

I have regular periods (although I did have a lot of pre-menstrual spotting until I sorted it out) and ovulate every month. GP told me everything was fine. I'm sure you won't have my problems and I don't want to scare you but when I was referred to the fertility clinic they found that my left ovary is polycystic, my cervix is tilted and my NK cells are high (apparently the first two shouldn't affect conception but I'm not convinced).

Oh and I do get pain around ovulation but this only started after I began taking the metformin. When I researched it all that came up on Google was endometriosis (again, don't want to scare you!). They've never checked to see if I've got it so I don't know if I do or if I don't. The good news is the natural treatment for pcos is pretty much the same as for endo - no refined sugars, low carbs etc, no gluten etc.

Basically, there might be something else going on. I assume you haven't been referred to the fertility clinic yet? I'd definitely push for one. Xxx

2 years is a long time and all you need to do is go to gp and ask for referral to fertility clinic.
It will take time to get there. It tool me 6 months. First gp will do smear test, then clamidia test, then a scan to see if all organs function, then day5 blood test and then day21 blood test. Only then he will refer you to fertility clinic. It takes time. Book your appointment on Monday x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I have had all blood tests and a scan and my OH have had 2 semen tests and all is fine.
When haven't been using contraception for 2 years but only 1 year doing actual ov tests etc.
Does anyone know if u can pay for private fertility treatment?
Everytime I go to doctors it takes me like 3 weeks to get an appointment and I rarely get to see the same doctor xx

Yes you can pay but I'm not sure how you go about it or of the costs etc. I assume it was an internal scan?

What are your periods like? Are they particularly heavy or light and how long do they last? Do you get any spotting before it? Is it bright red throughout? Do you get a lot of cramping? Also do you notice a change in your cervical mucus throughout your cycle?

Last edited:
My periods are like 28-30 days very regular.
Yes the scan was internal.
I would say quite heavy for first 2 days, I could use super plus tampon & leak through if I can not careful.
Yes it is mainly bright red.
Yes I do get a lot of cramping sometimes I can wake up in night with it for the first 2 days.
I don't get any spotting before. Last cycle I noticed something different as I seem to have brown discharge for a fair few days after my period right up to ov day.
Yes I do notice changes in CM.
Thank you for your questions, what are your thoughts? xxx

I can leak through tampons too and don't use them now for that reason. Not sure if it's because of my cervix but they only mentioned that recently (actually overheard it).

It's good that your bleeding is bright red and not overly light. They seem to have ruled out pcos with the scan but it sounds very heavy for the first couple of days. Ideally it shouldn't be THAT heavy and you shouldn't be getting bad cramps (people say it's normal but from all the supplements I've tried, I know it's not!). Possibly a slight hormonal imbalance or mild endo (hopefully it's not something like my NK cells!).

I'd definitely get a referral but in the meantime I'd try and cut out soy and refined sugars from your diet, also cut down on bad carbs (eg potatoes). It might be worth taking something like apple cider vinegar (raw, organic, 'with the mother') (only £1.19 from Tesco Extra stores) and maca root tablets as I've found these have helped balance my hormones. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back