Regular cycle has changed to 36 and counting BFN

cmk88

Reaction score
I came off the pill in August and my periods quite quickly settled into approx 28 day cycles, I even had 3 in a row exactly 4 weeks apart. Since then, I've had a 32 day cycle, a 39 day cycle and now am on 36 days and counting. In the middle of the 39 day cycle u had a false positive which completely broke me for a few days. Has anyone else experienced these cycle changes? I was on the pill for about 4 years and 5 years before that on and off. I think an extra stress for me is that my husband already has a son and I don't think he understands the disappointment that I feel each month that it's not the time for me to be a mum just yet. I can't cope with babies on TV, babies around me and pregnant women cos in my head I'm just screaming why not me. I know 9 months isn't overly long to be trying, but it just feels like forever. I think I just need reassurance that I'm not alone

Hi cmk!

Welcome to PF :)

You most definitely aren't alone, don't worry. We're all in the same boat here! I don't think you ever start trying with the thought you'll be trying for months so the disappointment is horrible each time your period arrives. I'm on month 14 with 2 early losses along the way, I certainly didn't bank on that!

I came off contraception about 5 months before we planned to try and used condoms until then. My periods were every 28 days on the button. For the first few months they stayed that way too, then not long after I had a 31 day cycle, then my periods got shorter, then I had a 27 day cycle, then 26 day cycle for 3 months, then an 8hr period, then back to 29 day cycle then I randomly ovulated on day 10 and got a 24 day cycle. What a total mind game! They've now kinda settled on 27 days. I did go to my gp because I was concerned but nothing showed. You could give that a try and allows you to mention how long you've been trying so IF you get to a year, they'll already be aware of you. I really hope that doesn't happen and things settle down. Could be that you just ovulated very late this cycle! I hope you get good news soon hun xx

Thanks for taking the time to reply Mrs S, I think my next step will be the gp, even if it is just to rule things out. I think I just needed to vent yesterday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back