Regifting

Pinkz

Reaction score
Anyone else with the post-Christmas birthday get obviously regifted?

Sometimes I get myself so wound up I actually consider keeping christmas themed gifts and wrapping paper for their summer birthdays!

Might sound ungrateful but I always thought it was the thought that counted... which it would be if they regifted me something I would want like gin (...and then it dawns on you you're TTC...)

Anyway whats ur best regifting experience?

This year's number one spot goes to the nail Polish set from a friend I told I have too many nail polishes and actually offered her pick of them mere days prior... and it's Christmas themed

I would never get someone who had a post Christmas birthday something Christmas themed... in fact I stay clear of Christmas things for people who have Birthdays just before Christmas as well (other than a couple of people I know who LOVE Christmas and actually really appreciate getting a new decoration or something before Christmas)

I think that's pretty shocking to be honest.

I think that's pretty shocking to be honest.

So I'm not being terrible... I know it sounds ungrateful, it's nice that someone's bothered in the first place but sometimes you do just think do you even listen to me or know me at all?

Still don't think I will stoop to keeping christmas stuff for them haha

I have a bag of Xmas stuff to re gift to people (nothing Xmas themed, if so I'd give it as a Xmas prezzie at some point) :/ lol stuff I'd never use! Waste to throw it away x

Yeah I don't have an issue with regifting it's more the obvious regifyi and the fact that there's clearly no thought in it either.

Oh aha, I'd never give it back to the same person! Imagine :| People usually buy me bath stuff, but can only use PH balanced body wash and bubble bath (most people know this) so I'm just like yup thanks, it's really nice, in the bag you go!x

Yep!!! Mine is 30th Dec and my 'best friend' most def did this. She gave me some socks with the 3 for 2 sticker still on and necklace- the cost of which isnt my issue but the fact that everyone who knows me knows I never take off the necklace I have worn since I was 18 and my mum gave it to me in my first year of uni. Its an uphill battle at times but I would not have my birthday at any other time of year, I love it as difficult as it is for others

Yep!!! Mine is 30th Dec and my 'best friend' most def did this. She gave me some socks with the 3 for 2 sticker still on and necklace- the cost of which isnt my issue but the fact that everyone who knows me knows I never take off the necklace I have worn since I was 18 and my mum gave it to me in my first year of uni. Its an uphill battle at times but I would not have my birthday at any other time of year, I love it as difficult as it is for others

I would happily have my birthday in the summer.

It was my best friends this year. As you say it's not the cost that matters but more the thought and the effort. I got her something ridiculous for her birthday. A beauty treatment that I thought was a ridiculous waste of money but she wanted it so I got her a voucher which paid for the appointment.
Throughout the year I have everyone over to mine. Have bbqs and nibbles and meals all at my expense and you just think uh is it worth it!

I think it often is the thought in these things that is the main thing, it doesn't matter how much it costs, just that its suitable for you and not just a random thing for the sake of it. My friend always used to get me random, cute socks (along with other stuff) because she knew I loved them, not expensive but suitable for me.
Its also hard when you make such and effort and you feel you get none back, I got presents for my nephew, nieces, brother and sister in law for Christmas, cost me well over £100 just for their family. I didn't expect anything back as they don't have alot of spare cash but didn't even get a thank-you!! xx

I think it often is the thought in these things that is the main thing, it doesn't matter how much it costs, just that its suitable for you and not just a random thing for the sake of it. My friend always used to get me random, cute socks (along with other stuff) because she knew I loved them, not expensive but suitable for me.
Its also hard when you make such and effort and you feel you get none back, I got presents for my nephew, nieces, brother and sister in law for Christmas, cost me well over £100 just for their family. I didn't expect anything back as they don't have alot of spare cash but didn't even get a thank-you!! xx

That's it though. The thought. The appreciattiation. I love buying gifts I think people will love but next year I'm gonna scale back. If we do have a little one then I don't want to waste my money on things people show no thanks for

My partners family always get him chutney and cheese or spicy things because he likes to eat these now and again.

Every Christmas and birthday our cupboards become full and he doesn't actually eat that much so we re-gift these to my family.

We don't feel bad, it's going to go in the bin otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back