refusing boobie milk?

leckershell

Reaction score
I know this sounds silly but have any of the mums on here who have already stopped b'feeding ever experienced the baby point blank refusing to breast feed? :?

Any suggestions?

My mum thinks it means he wants baby rice or formula and knows boobie milk isn't as filling...

Just feels like the beginning of the end... even though he is hungry he would rather suckle for a couple of minutes and then have no food than bother feeding properly... it's just so draining, I don't know why he is rejecting me - the only difference is we've introduced baby rice at lunchtime everyday in addition to a breastfeed. :(

edit- He'll do the left side if he has to, but is really a mission on the right side no matter what position we try.

Are you sure he's just not getting distracted? Or maybe he just feels uncomfortable or something. I don't really know what to suggest. Are you supplementing with formula?

We are doing 1 bottle for the evening feed (6 or 7pm ish) because he finishes me off then still screams hungry so it was the only thing we could do. He's ok with expressed in a bottle though we tend to keep the bottle for the 6pm. I end up expressing off the right side cos he doesnt finish it... so annoying. Nat told me to just make him have the right side instead of giving in and letting him have the left, but it's not that easy..

D prefers the left aswell but for a while it was the right.. i did read get the LO to take from the one she likes least when hungry,

Are you getting stressed about it or eating something different that may effect the taste of the milk.

that is all i can think of but like is said it isn't a rejection of you :hug:

Hi hun!

He is not rejecting you, just he might be a clever monkey, who figured out, that getting milk from the bottle is easier then from the boob. It happened to me. All was normal, till one day Daniel suddenly started to scream as soon as he saw my boob :( And he was like that for 2 weeks. I thougth it was the end, but after two weeks of daily trying to get him back, I managed. It took half of the day and constant screaming :wall: but now we are back to normal :) :cheer: Just keep trying :D You have gone so far and your are doing just great! :hug: Just be very patient, because if your LO will feel that you are nervous, he will scream even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back