Reflux - Gavisgon is rubbish !!! Choked in night

Duds

Reaction score
Hi,

Iv been reading your posts of reflux & amazed at how common it actually is. You feel like the only one....
The doc prescribed me Gavisgon & been using it for about 5 days and so far she is no different. Iv found that she is worse with breast milk so have now stopped and using SMA Gold. The HV is cr*p and said "babys do possit now and then" so I dont ask them anymore for help. :x

Had a terrible night last night, she had her jabs yesterday which was bad enough then just after i fed her in the night she threw up major style and started choking & panicking cause she couldnt get her breath - it was horrible. I pat her on the back hard & it seemed to do the trick then she cried (understandably) through the shock. Im terrified when i put her in her own room if that happens again, i dread to think what could happen.
We have the moses basket elevated 30 degrees which has helped a bit.

Iv just noticed this SMA staydown ... is it any good? can you mix it with Gavisgon ?

grrrrrrrrrr don't get me started on HV and reflux :evil: - you can join my 'lets extract HV heads from their arses' campaign. Next time you see HV, make sure she's just had an 8oz bottle and make her sick all over HV

tracy xx

hi there, you do think you are the only one till you read there's other mums going thru this to, Jake used to hav really bad choking episodes that were down to his reflux and i used to worry so much that this would happen in the middle of the night and i would not wake up but believe me you will, call it your mummy senses! so many times i hav woke up either just before or wen its been happening. If you've read the other posts you'll know jake's reflux has completely dissapeared now, so there is light at the end of the tunnel :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back