Referred to fertility clinic

hopefulmum2014

Reaction score
Been referred to fertility clinic, just wondered if anyone has had any success stories after being referred or how you have found ttc since being referred? How quick are the appointments etc?
We have been ttc, both age 34, all semen, blood tests and internal scan's are find but still no BFP xxx

Hiya, we were referred in Nov 13 and started treatment in Nov 15. We had loads of problems, they wouldn't accept any of the tests we had done before we were referred so they all had to be done again. Every single appointment they sent us they cancelled and rearranged. They had several staff off on long term sick resulting in only one person doing all of their appointments. I also got pregnant twice in that time and mc twice. This meant yet more appointments being rearranged and more testing. My cycle also never returned either time so specific cycle day tests couldn't be done for months. It was all really stressful and I found the clinic not that helpful and the consultant rude. Getting our results was a total nightmare. My hsg result we waited nearly 18 months for as they told me they weren't qualified to give me results there and then, they wouldn't give results over the phone and we had to wait to see the consultant, which turned out to be 18 months later after all the cancelled appointments. We never did get my husbands first SA results. They also wouldn't discuss actual results with us, just saying they were 'ok', which I found really annoying. Dealing with them was really stressful. We carried on ttc as normal in between. I finally got a bfp on my 7th round of clomid, I'm currently 9 weeks and have my fingers firmly crossed that this will be the one and I can leave this nightmare behind!

We considered paying privately for better service but irritatingly the same clinic would be our closest private clinic too otherwise we would have to travel about 2 hours to another clinic.

Don't be too disheartened from what everyone else had said about their experience mine is very unusual and they aren't usually as useless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back