Referred for assisted conception!

Browneyed Girl

Reaction score
I've just had my first appointment at the fertility clinic and all results are fine so the only option is to refer me for assisted conception! I was really surprised, I thought they might want to check my tubes etc but they said there's no point as I conceived last year. My oh's 2nd SA show an improvement - he said the numbers have increased quite a lot (1st SA was 21 million but he didn't say what it's gone up to), the rapid motility has increased from 3% to 19% and slight improvement in morphology from 95% to 93%. I feel really encouraged by these results as this is after only 2 months on wellman conception vits so I reckon they will have improved even more since then.

He said he is happy to refer me as there is nothing obviously wrong. My pct doesn't actually carry out IUI or IVF and until 2010 didn't fund it at all. The good news is that now they will fund 6 cycles of IUI and 2 of IVF which is a massive relief to know we will get some help.

I'm a bit scared as to the road ahead but really pleased that we will get help :) xx

That all sounds really positive, I really hope that by the time the fertility appointments start rolling around you'll have you're BFP naturally, but it must be a relief to know that you have a good back up plan now. good luck! Always positive to hear of vitamins helping to improve sperm issues as we are currently in a sperm crisis too! xx

That's great news, glad it's all moving forward for you xx

Thanks ladies :)

I hope we don't need the help but it's a relief to know its there especially as I'm 35 so that bloody clock is deafening me lol!

Dee I would recommend wellman conception vits if your oh isn't already on them. Before the 1st SA my oh was on a normal multi-vit and taking royal jelly (so I guess that didn't work for us although I had read good things about royal jelly!). Since then he stopped taking them and switched to wellman conception and things have definitely improved so I'm really chuffed! Think my oh realizes now that its not just me being neurotic saying he's got to take vits so that's a bonus as well haha!

xxx

Thanks, we have him on the zita west vitamens and vitamens booster amongst other things so similar to wellman, bloody pricey so had better work! Xx

Great to hear things are moving forward for you.

Anna x

Thanks Anna, its good to finally start seeing some progress :)

I see you are having a hsg soon, I hope it goes well for you xx

That's very exciting news! I bet it feels good to move forward. Excellent result on the wellman vits! I can't persuaded my OH to take them but and going to use your stats as a way to persuade!

Thanks flowerpower! It is exciting but scary at the same time - trying not to freak out and google success rates etc. Too much info available sometimes lol!!

My oh didn't believe that vits made any difference but they definitely do - it has to be the conception vits though not just normal ones. It takes 3 months to see the full effects as that's how long it takes to make the swimmers. Good luck persuading your oh! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back