Referral after recurrent MCs

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey,
I am just wondering if any of you ladies can help please.

In the past 5 months I've had 3 miscarriages very early on. I'm currently experiencing the 3rd.

I've been to my GP and she said she will refer me. I think she said the referral would be to gynaecology? I may be wrong though.

She's advised for my partner to have a sperm analysis and we are in the process of getting that done.

Our daughter was unplanned and we didn't 'try' for her. We only BD once in the month and managed to conceive her.

My GP hasn't done anything except say she will refer me.

She did say that she thinks there is something genetically wrong with either the sperm or egg as my pregnancies have been lost between weeks 3 1/2 -6.

What should I expect to happen? What sort of tests? And what sort of things could be wrong?

Has anyone else experienced recurrent early miscarriages?

Also I know we are not able to have IVF because we have one child but will we be able to get treatment?

Sorry for all the questions and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks xx

Slb I've have had 3 too in the last year.

My husband already had the sperm test and they said everything was fine.
I was referred a couple of weeks ago for recurrent loss after a mc recently and I've just received my booking letter for the gynocology department.

My doctor didn't mention there would prob be anything wrong with eggs or sperm. I keep getting told from various people I have seen in the past year that its prob is just bad luck! But it has crossed my mind that either my eggs are bad quality or I have been damaged from c section!

I know nothing else Hun when I get more info I can share. I'm almost hoping they find something obvious they can fix but I'm I know in my heart they will find nothing.

Xxx

Hi Hun.
Sorry to hear of your losses, I hope I can shed some light on it from my experience. I have had atleast 3 early losses in the last year, all before 5 weeks and was referred end of last year to gynae.

They get you to do your bloods at your GP (day 3 and 21) also as you mentioned hubbys swimmers get checked. I then had an ultra sound and a HSG all which came back ok. They've now left me to get on with things to hopefully happen naturally and to get rereffered after 3 years (timing is different in all counties) to talk about next steps.

I hope this sheds a little light on what to expect. You will need to just wait for your referral letter to come through. I don't have any info on the treatment or IVF side but I would have thought you would get the treatment should they find anything.

Slb I've have had 3 too in the last year.

My husband already had the sperm test and they said everything was fine.
I was referred a couple of weeks ago for recurrent loss after a mc recently and I've just received my booking letter for the gynocology department.

My doctor didn't mention there would prob be anything wrong with eggs or sperm. I keep getting told from various people I have seen in the past year that its prob is just bad luck! But it has crossed my mind that either my eggs are bad quality or I have been damaged from c section!

I know nothing else Hun when I get more info I can share. I'm almost hoping they find something obvious they can fix but I'm I know in my heart they will find nothing.

Xxx

I'm feeling the same way Hun. I'm sacred in case they don't find anything wrong and it keeps happening.

I had an emergency c section with my daughter and have been wondering if that has caused a problem. It's weird that you have had one to.

Thank you for replying. I hope you get the answers you need. Good luck!

Xx

Hi Hun.
Sorry to hear of your losses, I hope I can shed some light on it from my experience. I have had atleast 3 early losses in the last year, all before 5 weeks and was referred end of last year to gynae.

They get you to do your bloods at your GP (day 3 and 21) also as you mentioned hubbys swimmers get checked. I then had an ultra sound and a HSG all which came back ok. They've now left me to get on with things to hopefully happen naturally and to get rereffered after 3 years (timing is different in all counties) to talk about next steps.

I hope this sheds a little light on what to expect. You will need to just wait for your referral letter to come through. I don't have any info on the treatment or IVF side but I would have thought you would get the treatment should they find anything.

Thank you. I've heard differing things about treatment. Some people have been refused because they have a child already. I hope that's not the case.

It's horrible that they've left you. (Unless it was your choice) I wish you the best of luck. Thanks for replying.

Should I ask my GP for bloods done then? As she hasn't mentioned it. Thanks xx

It can't hurt to ask now. Once you have your first gynae appointment they will ask you to get your bloods done so it won't hurt to already have them available. If anything it could speed up the process for you :)

No they left me only because I have to wait 3 years in my area to get any help (IVF) so I've got until April 2017 for it to happen naturally. Fingers crossed x

Hi Slb24, I am sorry you are going through. In case of recurrent mcs and genetic issues I read diagnosis PGS NGS (preimplantation genetic screening) is advised. You will find more info in the Internet. Hope it would be helpful. xx

Ask your gp for ft4 ft3 and tsh. Due to low thyroid it's often impossible to keep being pregnant. Check your hormones. I was okay till birth my son and then they detect low thyroid. It's very sneaky illness

I've had test via recurrent miscarriages clinic and here's what I had:

Lots of bloods to check for clotting disorders, thyroid, chromosome issues, various others.
Scans to check for cysts (I had 2).
An X-ray of the Fallopian tubes and uterus (they flush dye through then take images.
OH had sperm analysis and bloods for chromosome issues.

All of out tests came back positive so the miscarriages were just "one of those things". The gyne consultant explained that the eggs can't have been good eggs to have continued with a viable pregnancy, however the NHS wouldn't perform an egg analysis so we looked at going private. However I'm now pregnant and all seems to be going well (touch wood!!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back