Reduced/weakened movements

KateK

Reaction score
Morning all,
I've only just dipped my toe into tri 3 but am worrying about movement. I have felt my baby moving but they have been much weaker and less consistent since Friday. I've had a really lazy weekend too so it's not like I've just been distracted.. My gut is saying I should ring the assessment unit today but I have my 4 year old off on a teacher training day - what are your views on me taking her with me? Anyone had to do it themselves? x

If your having reduced movement and your worried you should just go. If your baby was in your arms and your gut told you you needed to go to a&e you would take you're little one too if you had to. X
I hope all is OK if you have anyone to look after you're l
Little one then try and get them as it will be easier for you. but don't delay if you're worried x

I would def go in, I went in at 28 weeks and another mother had her child with her. They should just be focused on baby and I am sure it won't matter u have your little one with u xx always get reduced or different movements checked out as soon as possible X

Hun, you def need to call and go in for monitoring.

It's most likely that bubs has changed position but a change or reduction in movement can be the first sign that your baby is unwell.

Kicks count has some great info on monitoring movement.

Take your lo along with you if you need to. You won't be the first or the last to have had to.

XX

Hey Hun I'd deffo get checked I've been before because my placenta is at front and can't feel a lot of movements midwife said to come anytime am worried even if it's just for reassurance. Baby should be moving all the time even when your in labour reduced movements can be something serious. I was told not to do the kick count tho as every baby as a different pattern of movements it's when that changes x

Go and get check take your 4 year old with you they'd rather you went than not! My last pregnancy I went 3 times nothing was wrong but for peace of mind you should go x

I would call otherwise you'll worry about it. I've been in twice with reduced movements now, it's boring hanging around (i've had to wait 3 hours to be seen each time) but you can't put a price on peace of mind xx

Thank you ladies, I have grown up being encouraged not to make a fuss so find situations like this difficult but I have just called DAU and they're seeing me at 1, feel better just knowing i'm being seen. You're right she's probably moved positions but it's not worth the worry is it.. I'm sure Poppy will be excited anyway, little oddball loves hospitals! xx

Hey. Good luck today xx I was in 4 times my last pregnancy for reduced movement they really don't mind and understand our worries xx

Hey ladies, thanks again for the encouragement, pleased to report that everything is ok with the baby - so odd as we could hear so many movements on the monitor but I couldn't feel a thing! She must be tucked right under my placenta.. She had a mad 10 minutes where heart rate shot up to 200 but they're happy that she's well :) Poppy was good as gold too bless her and had all the midwives fussing over her! xx

Glad to hear! I've had the same thing twice.. no/little movement and then went in and they were wiggling away like crazy and the midwife was like errrr.. you can't feel THAT? Haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back