Reduced movements?

Slb24

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Not been on for a while, need a bit of reassurance really.

I'm not quite in Tri 3 but thought some
Of you ladies might have experienced reduced movements more than the other Tri's.

I'm 26+3. Up until now I've been feeling and seeing baby kick. My stomach moves whenever she kicks usually.

Since yesterday baby's movements have been a little off. Not as often and no where near as strong. They just feel like little pops (what you feel when you first feel baby move).

I've tried to get baby moving with caffeine, pop, sweets etc. I've been lay down for an hour now and felt baby twice. Usually she goes crazy.

I'm going in to get monitored at 2:30.
Since yesterday I've also noticed some right sided pain and BH.

Anyone experienced this before? Was everything okay.

Thanks. X

Baby has probably just moved so she/he is kicking into your soft bits inside rather than outward into your tummy. I found with my first that once I got so big, I'd feel less kicking and more rolling movements because there was less room for her to move around in. In fact, she was usually head in my ribs and feet down into my pelvis so I got a lot less kicking than a lot of mummies and a lot of rib pain.

It is best to get it checked out but there are lots of normal reasons to feel less kicking to do with babies position.

Hi ladies,
Not been on for a while, need a bit of reassurance really.

I'm not quite in Tri 3 but thought some
Of you ladies might have experienced reduced movements more than the other Tri's.

I'm 26+3. Up until now I've been feeling and seeing baby kick. My stomach moves whenever she kicks usually.

Since yesterday baby's movements have been a little off. Not as often and no where near as strong. They just feel like little pops (what you feel when you first feel baby move).

I've tried to get baby moving with caffeine, pop, sweets etc. I've been lay down for an hour now and felt baby twice. Usually she goes crazy.

I'm going in to get monitored at 2:30.
Since yesterday I've also noticed some right sided pain and BH.

Anyone experienced this before? Was everything okay.

Thanks. X
Hey SLB,

Good luck today at scan hun.

Let me know how it goes. Im sure everything will be fine and baby just moved.

Take care
xx

Hey SIB I was in hospital last week for reduced movements because i was under 26 weeks they could only listen to heartbeat which was fine, my placenta anterior stops me feeling movements the consultant said and I haven't a proper way to track baby really. Hope ur monitoring does ok Hun xx

I had this a few weeks ago I think it was baby's position once she turned a different way the movements came back much stronger but you're doing the right thing going to get checked out

Hey everyone. Thank you all :)
I had the CTG done. Baby appears to be fine. You could hear baby kicking away through the monitor but I couldn't feel her. My placenta is anterior so I think she's just moved behind it. I've not had any trouble up until now.
Because my daughter was small for gestational age (born 37+4 weighing 4lbs 9) they want to scan me. Apparently SGA babies and reduced movements are risk factors for certain conditions/problems. Unfortunately there were no appointments today and no book able appointments for the next few days. So ultrasound are going to phone me daily until they can fit me in. And I have to have daily monitoring until they can scan baby and check her over. I'm hoping I can get seen tomorrow but I will just have to see.
I hope you're all well :) xx

That's really good they are scanning you and checking you daily :) x I hope all goes well x x

Thank you ladies :)
I'm sure all will be fine. Baby is laughing at me I think. Since last night she's been going crazy! Haha more movements than usual now! X

Thank you ladies :)
I'm sure all will be fine. Baby is laughing at me I think. Since last night she's been going crazy! Haha more movements than usual now! X

It's usually the case! I've been monitored for reduced movement twice now and had a growth scan etc. The following day she has performed the riverdance for me the little bugger!! However would much rather that than scary "silence" xx

Baby's are terrible aren't they. Making me feel crazy! Haha

I had a scan yesterday. Forgot to update sorry.

Baby's fine. Everything's working as it should be. She's on the 50th centile weighing around 2lbs 2.
My placenta is right across the middle of my stomach so we're guessing she was hiding behind there.

Thanks everyone xx

da2a4a9dc1904fb3950ae01af9610ca6.jpg

Little Keira Elise xx

If you ladies want a good and easy way to monitor your clusters of movements, 'Kicks Count' (previously known as 'Count the Kicks') do a tracking wristband. You can track up to 10 clusters of movement a day on it and it's very helpful to calm the worries of have I or haven't I felt then today?

I think their website is www.kickscount.co.uk or .org . Well worth a look xxxx

If you ladies want a good and easy way to monitor your clusters of movements, 'Kicks Count' (previously known as 'Count the Kicks') do a tracking wristband. You can track up to 10 clusters of movement a day on it and it's very helpful to calm the worries of have I or haven't I felt then today?

I think their website is www.kickscount.co.uk or .org . Well worth a look xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back