Reduced movements around baby growth?

honeybear

Reaction score
I have noticed little one has a mad few days but then when the next week of pregnancy would start so for me 29 weeks today he barely moves at all...
I've had one day like this and it was the day after I had moved forward a week so I'm just wondering if that's a normal pattern or something I should be commenting on
Today he's barely moved again or through the night like last time
Really stressful! The triage unit midwife made me feel like I was wasting their time last time using the first time mum comment xxx

If you're worried, go in again. Ignore anyone who makes you feel like a time waster.
A midwife made me feel like this with my eldest when i went in at around 30 weeks. It put me off but at 38 weeks i went in very reluctantly with reduced movement and thank god I did because my baby wasnt well at all and was delivered within a couple of hours and straight in nicu.

No doubt your baby is fine but always good to double check. It will put your mind at rest if anything!x

I agree with babybee, don't let any midwife make you feel bad who cares what they think. Go in and check tonne on the safe side,all the leaflets I got given and on count the kicks online at you should go in if you are worried and especially if baby isn't sticking to their routine. I'm sure all will be fine but it's your right to go in and get checked out and don't let any midwife tell you or make you think any different! Xxxx

Totally agree with the above, listen to your instincts, I really wish I had listened to mine and not everyone else trying to reassure me.. Any change in movements needs checking out xx I am sure all is fine but definitely safer to get checked xx

I would definitely go in! I've been in around 8 times now as my baby does this a lot but they have always said to me every single quiet day I must go in and they'd rather see a lot and be able to reassure than have people sit at home worrying or worse xxx

Thanks ladies this is what I thought I've had some braxton hicks feelings too , he's moving Quite abit now I'm going to keep n eye on it this evening and see if he does the same if he does I'll be ringing again.
I hate it when they use the first time mum excuse is this first baby ... ohhh so you must be worrying ... well the midwives tell us to notice babies movements and whats normal for them but then can't win when they say the super busy but will check you over anyway.... hate that :( he is moving more though ladies thankyou keeping an eye on things will keep everyone posted x

Yeah keep an eye and then ring straight away if he goes quiet again.
I've had a couple midwives who were a tiny bit funny..one at 29 weeks who said it's hard to tell if it's baby or gas at this stage so maybe that's why I was getting confused... I'd been feeling tiny flutters since like 11 weeks !! Lol. Then another who said how I have anxiety anyway so could I be looking too much into her movements. On the whole though they have been really great! I waited 19 hours with no movement once and the midwife was shocked and said never do that again lol. And they always always say when I leave to call again and every consultant appointment they've said even if I'm unsure about her movements I must just call up. I was worried they would think I was being paranoid but they have been really good.
Can't believe some people on this forum have been made out to be wasting time and dismissed etc :(. I feel really lucky my hospital haven't made me feel like that.
Sometimes I do feel silly calling as she usually always moves lots on the monitors but then I think on the off chance I did get someone be funny with me about it then that's nothing ..I'll prob never see her again yet baby will be here always so is so worth feeling a little silly etc. Xxx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back