reduced movement

Pregnot

Reaction score
ok so I posted on Saturday about baby being quieter than usual

he was equally as quiet yesterday even after a bath which he normally loes kicking me about in lol
Anyway woke up this morning nothing - normally get a few kicks etc and isn't get any so had some breakfast and he's given me one or 2 but I'm still not 100%

Are they supposed to move less the more pregnant we get?

I've got pregnant friends telling me go get him checked etc... But I don't want to waste anyone's time if there's no need

I'm not sure to be honest Hun, but I'd give your midwife a ring just to reassure yourself x

yea I just don't know when reduced is counted as reduced? Surely babies have quieter days?

My little man goes through quiet spells too he's actually having one at the moment think he is having a growth spurt he's being very lazy but if u feel like something's not right then phone ur mw I have phoned twice with reduced movement and I had a urine infection both times could be something like that but if in doubt just give them a call that's what they are there for. Have u tried drinking a really cold large glass of water as quick as u can? That works usually x

Try lying on your left side hun and have something cold and sugary to drink. .. my lo was quiet for a few days and had a growth spurt but if you're worried that the movement pattern has changed its less than normal call them they won't think you're wasting their time xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've had my breakfast with ice cold milk and he seems to have picked up a fair bit since so not as worried
He's moved more than 10 times

At my next mw appointment I'm
Definately going to ask what the script is with movement because I'm
Really confused by it

I had this a last weekend. My mum is a midwife and she had a prode and poke and only got wee movements. She phoned her work and they seen me no problem. Was on the trace for 20 mins and baby was fine. Put my mind at ease. You know what is reduced movement for your baby. I would def phone xxx

We posted at the same time! Glad baby is moving about now. X

I was worried about this before but my mw says as long as you have at least 10 movements in 24 hours there is nothing to worry about.
I was more concerned because she usually moves a lot but my mw didn't seem concerned at all. I think they do have quieter days some times! She has been more active again the last few days x

Sometimes they have sleepy days just like us, and obviously as they get bigger they don't have as much space to move.

That said please trust your instincts and if you "feel" something is wrong then ring your MW.

I remember having quiet days with James and they were horrid, I hated them! Thankfully he was quite obedient and would 9 times out of 10 give me a little kick if I poked him :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

My mw always says to me that his movements shouldn't decrease, just change. It's hard to explain on here as she always shows me how they change rather than describes! Lol! But they should change from big punching and kicking moves to kind og moves to kind of rolling and sliding kind of moves?! Does that make any sense? :0/ sorry if it doesn't! And she always says to me that be ause he's such an active little baba to go by how reduced his movement feel to me, like some women do only have 10 movements a day so it's usual for them, but if we only got 10 movements a day I'd be worried.
Like carnat said tho, if you feel something isn't right you should get checked out! I've been up once at 36 +5 and I felt so awful like i was wasting their time and i kept apologising, to which the lovely mw kept telling me not to be so silly as its what they are there for!
:)
hope your ok Hun!

Karlie xxx

I've been up to the assessment clinic twice over the last two weeks with reduced movements. Baby was absolutely fine (and very active as soon as the trace went on!!). The midwives drummed it in to me that if I'm worried at all to call them - it is their decision then as to whether it is necessary for you to go in. It really put my mind at ease and it is what they're there for. I do understand the dilemma though - you don't want to seem like you're wasting their time - but on the other hand being told by professionals that everything is absolutely fine is a massive relief and will stop you worrying! My midwife actually told me not to leave it a few days if I'm worried to call straight away as reduced movements can be the first sign of a problem. xx

The 10 a day thing so doesn't apply to me... I used a kick count app and in work today bubba moved/kicked 94times lol x

The 10 a day thing so doesn't apply to me... I used a kick count app and in work today bubba moved/kicked 94times lol x

What app do you use?xx

Its called kick me: baby kick counter xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90