Reduced / Changed Movements.

BlondeP

Reaction score
Those that have been in for reduced movements, were you happy with the out come when they said the machine says its ok even though you hadn't felt baby and certainly not felt baby go back to normal?

I went in today for monitoring, wasn't happy when we were sent away after 10 mins being told the machine says all ok even though his heart rate was lower this time and i couldn't feel his few movements he did... They have told me to go straight back if it still isn't right which i don't think it is, hes being a little slug and barely felt a thing since yesterday which is so unlike him, tried all the tricks and just getting more worried... But feel like the hosp just fob me off again and again... THis is my second episode of reduced movements but hosp are counting it as the first as its been 4 weeks in between xxxxx

If you feel they have fobbed you off hun id go back...I would just for peace of mind if nothing else. You know what is normal movement for you baby xxx

I wouldn't worry too much about his heart beat, more whether its varied- jumps up and down etc as that shows its moving even if you cant feel him.
However I am a huge believer in trusting your instincts so if you're not happy, dont hesitate, just go in. Ask them if you can stay on the monitor longer. Most likely the midwives are right and your baby boy is just fine, but it does noone any harm if you go in a few times until you feel comfortable with it's movement.x

When I was on it I was on it for45 mins! 10 mins is not long enough I don't think and even if they think it's ok if baby's movements have reduced they should be doing more.. Def trust your instincts! Please go back... I really wish I had trusted my instincts. Some places scan you after 2 episodes of reduced movements, I would ask for a scan to put your mind at rest xx I am sure all is fine but peace of mind is everything and it's not worth taking the chance X I hope they reassure you x

Hm I was on it for 90 mins last time, I do think they are fobbing you off with 10 minutes. I'd go back, even though it's a hassle and you feel like a pain in the neck, get monitored again and they should be doing it for at least half an hour to get a proper idea of his HR and movements. Do they ask if you're happy when you leave? When I had mine, the baby that was moving less didn't start to move more, but they doctor said she was happy with their HRs and probably it was just the position of the baby and asked whether I was happy to go home. xx

Push and push!! No movement of baby should change ever not close to labour not ever If you aren't happy continue to pester Hun xxx

Get your bum back down there and ask to be seen again and demand more than 10mins. When I went I was on for about 30mins. After a couple of times I got a scan and then I was induced as they said baby was ok but I couldn't feel her. You would never forgive your self if you didn't go and its your baby so you need to put your foot down. How far are you?

I went in last night due to reduced movements was on the monitor for over an hour and waiting for a call to have a scan today or tomorrow! Definitely go back!

I'm back in this time at my MLU & they are keeping me on for at least half hour . The machine has now got a cross where the tick should be and the alarm has already gone off once :(

They asked yesterday if I was happy and I said no but we were sent home anyway as they needed my bed :( quiet worried now xxxx

Hope all is okay. The alarm thing goes off a few times on mine..is it when he loses contact then it starts to pick it up again but slow..I think thats why mine did..not 100% though. Insist on staying until you are happy. Hopefuly they will organise you amother scan or a consultant appointment xx

BlondeP how are things going now? Try to stay as calm as you can, remember your squiggle is a cheeky one, he's given you the run around all pregnancy! I don't feel my second twin much at all, she goes through bursts of movement for a few days and then not much at all for a few days. They tell me it's her position but I still worry about it. Things will be so much better when all our babies are here and we only have to look at them to know they're ok! xxx

Last edited:
Hope you are ok xx if you still feel movements are not right ask for a scan, that is the only thing that will tell you all is absolutely fine and then you will feel fully reassured xx

Hey how are you doing, please update as we all want to know ow your ok...

Ooohh sorry, such a mad week.

I have been in 4 times so far, today will be our 5th visit if nothing perks up by lunch time :( Scan to be done tomorrow to check his oxygen flow and there has been talk of inducing at 37 weeks if nothing changes especially as we have so many reduced episodes this week :( xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back