Red blood?

Blueflower

Reaction score
Saw some red blood in the loo last night and quite worried. It was brown on the tissue and I'd recently had a vitamin tablet which makes my wee bright so might have changed the colour. Nothing more when I went earlier. Has anyone else had this? I am 6 weeks pregnant, scan in 9 days!

I'd say it seems quite innocent if you haven't had any since and wiped brown. I had some pinky/brown stuff with Leo around 6 weeks and also 8 weeks when I also had a 'lump' of something which freaked me out no end. Thankfully not too long until your scan but if you're worried I'd call them and see if they can scan you any earlier. I know when I called my EPU with brown spotting they said they'd only call me in if I had red blood and cramping. Fingers crossed iit's just remnants from your little one getting snuggly. Xx

Personally, I would call doctors or EPU. Get yourself checked out.
I don't want to scare you and brown blood is usually old blood, so usually nothing to worry about, but on your maternity notes, it says to get checked out if you see red blood.
I am sure you and your bean will be fine, but ALWAYS no checked out for your own peace of mind.
Try to relax but get some advice from a professional :)
Have you had any more blood or any cramping? Xx

No more this morning, just a bit of brown when wiping. Feels achey rather than cramping now but I feel a bit unwell as if I am coming down with something. I will take it easy today and call the emergency nurse for advice. Thank you. :)

Although bleeding in pregnancy is common, it is not considered normal so I think calling for advice is definitely sensible.

I'm sure all is well in there hun.

I hope scan day comes quickly! I'm so excited to see if there's two in there!!

XX

This is so tough- as Emily said it's the whole "common but not normal" thing. Like, what?!? So do I freak out or not???

Are you doing suppositories at all? I know those can cause spotting.

I had 24 hours of brown spotting/discharge starting at 4+3 and then pink discharge at 8 weeks and I lost my mind with panic both times. Now 25 weeks with a healthy baby. Sounds like you are fine!

Yes, that's sensible especially if you're cramping a bit too.
It is the problem, always. Blood can be ok, but equally, they always say, any red, call and get seen. Xx

I replied in your journal.

Id def seek help from EPU or the nurse.

Good luck.

xxxx

I rang the emergency nurse and she said it is common even if its red. She said she'd inform the nurse manager and if it happens again to let them know or call the EPU. I'd never heard of the EPU! She was really reassuring and I feel a lot better. Not had any more and had a nice restful day.
Thank you for all your replies. :thanks:

I've been spotting on and off since I was 4 weeks pregnant. Some pink, brown and almost red but not quite if that makes sense! Lol. I've just had my 3rd scan and I have a complete placenta Previa (low lying) and that's why I've been spotting.

But I've been told loads of reassuring things and it is normal to spot for loads of reasons. I'm glad you've contacted EPU. Good luck xx

Wrote on your journal as well. My sister had bleeding in early pregnancy as mentioned earlier. She went to free drop in clinic and they scanned her on the day ( within an hour or 2 ) . All was good so I am sure absolutely nothing to worry about but knowing myself I would have wanted a quick scan to check and it didn't take long time. Not long to your scan now though :smile:

Do you have a clinic you can go to ease your worries?

xx

My sister said it might be something to do with the placenta starting to form. And apparently the embryos double in size from week 6 to week 7! If it happens again I'll ask the clinic if I can get scanned earlier, or go to the EPU for one. I'm still with the fertility clinic until after the early scan which is good and they were very helpful yesterday.

I got some pink which then turned into brown mucusy blood at around 10 weeks, but this was just after intercourse! It lasted about 12 hours and I freaked out big time! I was told however that this is very common after intercourse as your cervix is really plump when pregnant and you have a much higher blood volume! xx

I am too scared to DTD with DH now! I was quite keen before this happened! Maybe we will after the early scan. :bd:

I would actually give DTD a break for w hike until you've settled down. Ask ago out that as some women are advised not to. I am surprised that they said just leave it, but that's good that they aren't worried.
So now, just relax and try not to let it play on your mind :) xxxxx

I had blood in my Cm this time after sex early on a couple times so perhaps wait.

Relax and look forward to seeing baby or babies!

xxxx

Last edited:
I didn't feel like DTD at all when I got a BFP! Poor DH.. Still scared and don't do it often at all even though I know its fine but think its because it took us a while and we had to do IVF and don't want o risk anything :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back