Recurring thrush ?

lillith112

Reaction score
Does anybody else on here suffer from recurring thrush ?. I think I'm run down from lack of sleep, had thrush a month ago, took fluconazole tablet, a month later it came back, took another fluconazole, then a week later it's back again. Went to have my smear today and the nurse said I have thrush right up high, she's now giving me a prescription for a high dose fluconazole. Fingers crossed it works. Just to add the pessary things you insert have never worked for me. x

Last edited:
Stitch a piece of thread through a garlic clove and insert it for a natural remedy. Also start washing your lady bits with coal tar soap as a preventative. I've suffered with recurrent thrush for years and these work a treat xx

Gosh I've never heard of the garlic thing Karen, thanks for that, knowing my luck I'll lose it up there lol �� . I love the smell of that coal tar soap, I'll get some next time I'm in Tesco, is there a particular make ?, the only one I've seen is Wrights x

It's the wrights one I use. You won't lose the garlic if you put the thread through, make sure it's long enough and leave dangling outside then just pull out in the morning xx
Ps, fluconazole is not safe in pregnancy so be careful about using it during tww xx

Last edited:
I was told to boil my underwear to get rid of bacteria lol.
Have you asked your doctor if it could be Bacterial vaginosis?
Also if you don't drink enough water the PH levels do something (I forgot) which makes it feel like thrush, I usually brum really bad in the morning if i haven't drank enough and kept using thrush treatment then I found out about drinking water so tired it and it worked lol
Hope this helps :D xx

Hi
Me too..its bloody awful. Since coming off the pill I keep getting it. I went to see the Doctor and she said it could happen for up to 6 months whilst my body gets used to not being on the pill but it can also be a sign of diabetes so I had to go for a fasting blood test. AF had shown up that day so she couldn't do a swab but she said I could go back for one after if thrush is still there. I didn't have to go back for a swab bit since then it has been coming and going and it's usually right in the middle of my fertile period! I woke up last night feeling irratsble and was fumbling around in the dark for the cream!! I have a aloe vera gel which is good and I have been told I can put it on a tampon and insert that so can treat the internal itch! Hope you are feeling better soon ��

Thanks Amy, you sound like me, I have still got thrush, this is my 3rd attempt at treating it now, I had to go Drs and get a stronger fluconozole tablet as the 50mg over the counter ones didn't work. I took the. 150mg one yesterday so fingers crossed its worked. My thrush came on after using that preseed �� xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back