Recovery after birth

twinkle90

Reaction score
So I had my baby early hours Thursday morning and was only left with grazes. No need for stitches or anything. what's the recovery like with just grazes? I'm not in any discomfort at all from them. Just sting sometimes. Anything I can use to recover quickly? Xx

I found distilled witch hazel fantastic for healing grazes twinkle! It might sting a bit but in a good way and gives really good relief. Supermarkets sell this quite cheaply. My midwife also recommended medihoney - in a tube - off Amazon for grazes, about £4 or so x

I put witch hazel on my pad, canesten cream (its a skin healing anticeptic) on my stitches after a week when i dared look then from straight after i used alternate baths of tcp or arnica oil. Arnica oil at night or for a proper bath and tcp baths just like now n then if I was ever tuggy or itchy. Could use salt but I hate the feeling of salty water.

I was healed in 4 weeks and dtding by 5wpp lol.

I had 2nd degree tear and stitches.

xxxx

Last edited:
Congrats Twinkle! My mw suggested medihoney (had my baby last week) and it's working really well so far!

Thanks girls. I see my midwife today so I'll see what her recommendation is to use in a bath or something. And try some witch hazel too xx

Congrats Twinkle! My mw suggested medihoney (had my baby last week) and it's working really well so far!

Theirs a few medihoney products. Which do you use? I had a look down below before expecting it to be awful looking. But looked ok tbf. Just a load of cuts. But not painful. Coughing and sneezing is hortible though. Xx

Baths in badedas. You can get it from boots help....that's what they use to recommend 11 years ago��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back