Recommended tests

DinoMum

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm due to test this week, plan was to hold off until the weekend and if AF hasn't arrived my husband was going to get a test from home bargain's.

But I've decided to buy some online and test earlier, I almost added some to our Asda delivery but I've checked reviews and a lot are saying they had false positives on them :(

I've also looked at Amazon but seen similar reviews.

I really don't know if I can cope with the heartache of getting a false positive - what tests am I better off getting?

Id always go for a FRER if you can afford it. I've never had a bad answer with FRER.

They are pricey hough, especially if you want to test multiple times.

Any brand with a pink dye is ok on my opinion. Good luck x

Hi,

I'm due to test this week, plan was to hold off until the weekend and if AF hasn't arrived my husband was going to get a test from home bargain's.

But I've decided to buy some online and test earlier, I almost added some to our Asda delivery but I've checked reviews and a lot are saying they had false positives on them :(

I've also looked at Amazon but seen similar reviews.

I really don't know if I can cope with the heartache of getting a false positive - what tests am I better off getting?

First response are quite good although they can have nasty evaps/indents on them.

A few ladies have been using easy@home brand but I’ve had some horrible pink evap lines on them you get 20 for like £8 though

Thankyou both, I suppose all this uncertainty of which tests to go for is helping with not testing too early at least

Bleh. I have been TTC for 6 months now after being in BC consecutively (no placebos) for 8 years. My periods got regular quickly after stopping the pill and have averaged every 26-30 days. It’s been 38 days since my last period and no sign of it coming anytime soon. I have dull cramping occasionally, weird headaches and dreams, exhaustion, but no other notable symptoms. I’ve taken 5 tests now. The first brand (can’t remember the name but it came from Safeway and had blue ink) showed a very faint line every time. I did a Rexall test yesterday and had a thin blue line, but did another rexall today and got nothing. :( I would think that I’m just getting ahead of myself, but with the missed period I’m like, how am I not pregnant? Any suggestions on tests I should try or thoughts on my situation?

Bleh. I have been TTC for 6 months now after being in BC consecutively (no placebos) for 8 years. My periods got regular quickly after stopping the pill and have averaged every 26-30 days. It’s been 38 days since my last period and no sign of it coming anytime soon. I have dull cramping occasionally, weird headaches and dreams, exhaustion, but no other notable symptoms. I’ve taken 5 tests now. The first brand (can’t remember the name but it came from Safeway and had blue ink) showed a very faint line every time. I did a Rexall test yesterday and had a thin blue line, but did another rexall today and got nothing. :( I would think that I’m just getting ahead of myself, but with the missed period I’m like, how am I not pregnant? Any suggestions on tests I should try or thoughts on my situation?
I remember the first test was signature care early result. It gave me a super faint but visible line each time, like an evap line but it appeared almost instantly

Hi!

when I was TTC for 9 months I used pregmate pregnancy test strips- the ones you dip. I got a faint positive at 8DPO with those. I got them off of Amazon, I’m pretty sure there were 50 in the box. They were awesome because I’m a chronic tester... I just can’t help it. The two week wait is brutal! But it was awesome because I paid like $15 for 50 tests and they lasted forever. I’m pretty sure I still have like 30 of them. I will use them again whenever I TTC again.

good luck!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back