recipie for:

Slinky Sarah

Reaction score
Pasta Bolognese...anyone got a nice one that includes mince beef, bacon but no wine or mushrooms?

I usually just buy a jar of it and add whatever I like to it. I usually add a few plum tomatos to it to bulk it up a bit and I'm sure you could add bacon! Just brown the mince and drain excess fat and add pasta bolognese sauce with cooked bacon and a few tinned plum tomatos! Also fry a chopped onion with the mince, it tastes lush! Cook spaghetti and serve! It's so easy and so yummy!

I usually make mine up depending on what Ive got in the cupboard. If it was me I would use onions, garlic, minced beef, chopped tomatoes or passata, and for herbs I would use bay leaves, origano, thyme and parsley. Hope that helps :)

thanks girls!!! im trying to be domesticated for the OH lol hope it works now lol

hehe sonuds just as nice lol.
Not making it will probably friday when i see him....time to get all the ingredients! :D

I've a recipe that I've stuck to over the years. Has a great flavour, although tomatoey, but always tastes good IMHO. And my friends always eat it and have seconds when I make it for them, so I think I'm doing something right :)

The recipe is below, it makes a lot as I tend to then freeze a fair bit into portions for use later. If you want to halve the recipe rather than have a larger amount its also good. I've substituted fresh tomatoes for tinned

Spag Bol

750g-1kilo minced beef (lean is best, though not essential)
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 tube tomato puree
Mushrooms if wanted
1-2 onions
1-3 cloves garlic (to your taste)
Fresh parsley, finely chopped - large handful
Paprika powder to taste and colour
Salt and pepper to taste (if you want)
Oregano and basil to taste
2-3dried bay leaves
Olive oil for frying

Fry onions gently in oil until golden brown. Add crushed/chopped garlic and parsley for the last minute or 2. Also add oregano and basil to taste.

Add mince and cook until all browned off. Drain off excess fat if possible.

Add canned tomatoes and heat through. Add tomato puree (I usually add the entire tube to 750g of meat)
Leave to simmer for about 5-10 mins. Add paprika, about ½ to 1 tablespoon and stir in. Add bay leaves, leave whole.
Throw in chopped mushrooms and leave to simmer for another 20-30 minutes, stirring from time to time
And draining off any excess fat that appears. Before you serve remove bay leaves.

Cook pasta and serve with parmesan cheese if you like it. Also good with a bit of garlic bread :)

Erm anyways, it should give you something like a spag bol, even my hubby did ok making it the first time following the instructions :lol:

thanks sherlock...that sounds lovely...
ill let you knwo how it goes down with OH lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back