[Recipe] Something healthy and edible.

Potbelijo

Reaction score
I've been suffering awfully with all day sickness since week 5 and I've really struggled to find something to eat that doesn't make me gag. I've tried most of the usual suggestions without much success.

What's worse my lovely OH tends to cook a lot for me and I've felt really guilty turning my nose up at his every attempt to make something I can eat. This week constipation set in which is making me feel much worse, but it's obviously due to lack of fibre in my diet (or lack of anything at all :) ).

Anyway he made this bran loaf for me, sounds horrible I know but he changed the recipe to use brown sugar and chucked in some sultanas and it's really nice. It's dry so it didn't rift on me and it's full of fibre and stuff too!

Hope this helps some of you out who are suffering.

1 cup All Bran
1 cup sugar (use brown for sweeter taste)
1 cup milk

Soak in a bowl for at least an hour, but preferably over night, then mix in:

1 cup self raising flour
Handful of sultanas or maybe nuts if you like.

Then bake in a lined and greased loaf tin for an hour. The size of the cup doesn't really matter, just so long as the measurements are equal.

It smells lovely when it's baking. I woke up to smell filling the house this morning, first time in ages I've thought "ooh I want some of that" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back