recipe for shortbread?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by sammi7, Feb 27, 2012.

1. sammi7

sammi7 Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to try and make shortbread for a while but never got round to trying it. Now I've got lots of time on my hands I think I will do it this week. There are so many recipes on the internet I don't know which one to try. Has any of you ladies got a recipe for it? Xx

2. winnie89

winnie89 Well-Known Member

short bread recipe

makes 8 triangles

115g butter diced and chilled, plus extra for greasing
    175g flour
    pinch salt
    55g caster sugar plus 2 tsp for sprinkling

1) Grease a 20cm/ 8inch round fluted tin/ flat tray, preheat oven to 150C/300F/gas 2
    2) sift the flour salt and caster sugar together in a bowl rub in butter until it resembles bread crumbs. work the mix to form a soft dough. dont over work or it wont be crumbly
    3) lightly press into tin, mark into 8 portions (or mark into fingers) prick all over with a fork and bake in center of preheated oven for 45-50 mins until firm and lightly golden. leave to cool in tin and sprinkle over remaining sugar. cut into portions and store in an airtight container.

this is the best recipe i have found could always add a little vanilla extract if you wanted to xx

3. sammi7

sammi7 Well-Known Member

Thank you Winnie, I will try and see how I get on xx

4. winnie89

winnie89 Well-Known Member