Reassurance:(

Jmc89

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Looking to see if anyone has had anything like this...I bf my LO for the first week and then decided to stop cold turkey for various reasons. The following two days my boobs were agony, solid & I had a huge lump under my right armpit. After the two days however they went back to normal and I felt so much better. About a week & a half ago I felt a lump on my right breast, almost sitting on my rib if you can imagine the area. If i'm sitting up you can't feel the lump you almost need to move my breast to shift the tissue then you feel it! I only noticed it as I was lying on my side and happened to feel it! Anyway I have no pain with it at all...I went to docs & they said it could be a blocked milk duct but have referred me to the breast clinic just to be sure! The thing is I keep reading a blocked milk duct will be painful but this isn't! My HV said she wanted to reassure me that its most likely a blocked milk duct but I'm terrified it's something worse:(! Mu apt isn't until next tue I don't know how I'm going to last until then!!

xxxxxxxx

Sorry hun I dunno, I never experienced milk duct issues but others will have for sure. The likelihood is that it's totally normal, but best to check.x

tapatalking!!

I had a blocked duct on the side of my left boob, was so painful. Felt like the inside of my boob was burning. Took around 3 weeks to clear up (went drs twice for it but they couldn't do anything, told me to just keep breastfeeding through it - ouch). There were no bumps or anything though so don't think what you've described is a blocked duct but I may be wrong. Hopefully it is nothing :) xxx

tapatalking x

I always find all kinds of lumps in my boobs abd they disserpear in a few days..Even if you don't think it is a blocked milk duct there are lots of other reasons for lumps, not just the worse case. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry as im sure it's nothing. Hope your appointment goes ok :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back