Reason to be angry or hormonal?!

Holi

Reaction score
So last night my OH had a day sesh. This is the one day every year he goes out for definite with all his mates and its a bit of a blow out! I know this, this is no surprise! But this is my first experience sober/pregnant!

Before he went out he said 'please don't let me stay out too late cos I have work in morning'

So 11pm I ring and he said 'gonna have this one, then ill be home'. 12am, same answer. 1am same answer but this time I was angry cos I couldn't sleep (I never do til he's home) so shouted at him down phone. He never retaliated and just said 'ill be fine love, you go to sleep, ill be home soon I'm just having a good night'. I hung up crying. 3am he rocks up quite as a mouse, slips into bed.

This morning I wake up to cuppa in bed. He asked if I am mad with him. And for the life of me I'm not sure if I should be or not??! Has he done much wrong? Was that a glimpse of the dreaded 30w+ hormones I've been hearing about?!

If it is hormones, god help him! Got another 10 weeks if this! X

I keep feeling like this too if oh comes homes later than he says he will.. But then I start thinking why I'm annoyed? I think we just always want them here, well, mainly to be able to sleep ok, so then when they are late it annoys us!
To be fair, if he doesn't go out that much at all then it's not really a big deal, so I would say it prob is hormones making things a bit worse, but equally they need to know how delicate we are so there just needs to be patience on both sides. I think a lot of my anger comes from jealousy coz I can't go out myself! My oh is on a drinking ban from 37 weeks anyway, so I don't really mind him going out till then xxxx

aww hun I know how you feel! My boyfriends dad and gf came to stay this weekend and we had a bbq... they were drinking obviously and it really made me angry!

I went to bed early in a huff! woke up and felt a bit silly.

I think if this is one of the only times he goes out - cut him some slack. he seems to be trying with the cuppa lol. Hormones are shit arent they - Ive never been so emotional/jealous/down right mental in my life

Its hard but try to think of it the other way round - for us we CAN'T drink at all, we have no choice really... must be hard to try and reign yourself in for someone else

hope you're not too upset/angry and just enjoy the bank holiday together :) xx

Yeah I've put it down to me being mental! :)

It's just mad some of the thoughts that go through your head when your in that state!

'What sort of father is he going to be if he can't come home on time?!'
'What if I was in labour'
'why have I decide to reproduce with this loser?!'

Haha i really am mental!

Reality is, he's one of the most hard working people I know, and he was letting his hair down!

Think I just got massive jelly belly cos he was out, my mates were out, and I was at home! Xx

Yeah I've put it down to me being mental! :)

hahaha! That really made me laugh!

Just think about when you want a night out in the future - he will be a free taxi at your demand and on best behaviour ;)

and don't worry it's not just you that's mental.. we're all nutcases! I started crying the other day because my boyfriend mentioned someone had big boobs. ... as if he was going to jump in the TV and leave me for this pair of boobs.....cuckooo cuckoooooooo

So last night my OH had a day sesh. This is the one day every year he goes out for definite with all his mates and its a bit of a blow out! I know this, this is no surprise! But this is my first experience sober/pregnant!

Before he went out he said 'please don't let me stay out too late cos I have work in morning'

So 11pm I ring and he said 'gonna have this one, then ill be home'. 12am, same answer. 1am same answer but this time I was angry cos I couldn't sleep (I never do til he's home) so shouted at him down phone. He never retaliated and just said 'ill be fine love, you go to sleep, ill be home soon I'm just having a good night'. I hung up crying. 3am he rocks up quite as a mouse, slips into bed.

This morning I wake up to cuppa in bed. He asked if I am mad with him. And for the life of me I'm not sure if I should be or not??! Has he done much wrong? Was that a glimpse of the dreaded 30w+ hormones I've been hearing about?!

If it is hormones, god help him! Got another 10 weeks if this! X

Bless you hun. I suppose theres not much to be annoyed about but when they say "dont let me stay out late" and you try help, it feels a bit pointless if your not helping at all or they don't take the advice you give them to come home. And obviously us pregnant ladies like a bit more attention and for our OH to be with us more.
He probably spent most the evening thinking about you and the baby and enjoyed talking about you :)
I didnt know about the 30w+ hormones though. I hope I don't get too moody as I can be a right cow when i am! Lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

^^ this is me exactly! Haha ...and then the next minute I put him so high on a pedistool!! Xx

Tapatalking. X

I'd be mad and I'd probably huff with hubby a little, although he's no longer drinking just incase

This thread has made me laugh.....'why did i decide to reproduce with this loser?'...Lol. TBH he sounds like he done ok, he doesnt do it often, and he did make you a cuppa in the morning. They really dont get how it feels to be this pregnant and this hormonal...they have no clue! x

It is true men just dont get it and ill be honest I always thought my friends were a bit dramatic in their pregnancies .......until I went through it myself, it is an emotional rollercoaster, things that wouldn't have annoyed you before suddenly irritate the life out of you now!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Can't believe it's having this much of an effect on my moods! Good luck to our OH's for the remainder of our pregnancies! X

Agreed poor oh s! Tom has a business trip away in a few weeks for 3 days in Wales I will be working anyway during day so no biggy but I'm still angry that he will be away overnight he says it's only a 2.5 hr drive which was what I set the limit of distance to go after this Italy trip but I worry I may wake in night in labour early and he not be there and that really scares me. He says it's no diff to me phoning him in day but somehow it is I got very cross about it but what can I do? He needs to go and it's less than 3hr drive away and is before I'm off on mat leave so il "only" be 35 weeks. I thought I'd be fine and I have with this week while he on holiday in Italy with his friend as I'm at my parents also a way away from where we live so not on my own if things go south, but no way I could do it then and commute as its a 3hr drive at least. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back