Really Wierd Question!!

Yvonne

Reaction score
Hi,

I have noticed lately that when i sit down any longer than 30 mins my privates go numb!!!!! :roll:
I am sooooo sorry that was too much info, i just wondered if anyone else had it? i remember having it with Amy and i wondered if its me being wierd!!

i am sooo embarrassed now, i do appologise :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks for reading this

hi,

i havent noticed it with me, my toes go numb tho after a while, have to keep moving about

Thanks for the reply Layla,

i'm sorry if the question came across a bit funny, i didn't know how else to put it!!!! :oops:

Hi Amy's mum!

I haven't quite had that, however am having massive trouble with my coccyx - it's been very painful for the last couple of weeks and it doesn't matter what position I sit in, it seems to be painful! Have you heard of that?

I think Layla's right though - my problem is definitely less acute if I get up and move around regularly. You can always mention it to your midwife to get reassurance. I think I'm just going to have to buy a 'donut' cushion!

LBxx

I think i need to top being so lazy!!! Lol :D :D

isn't it wierd how things affect you, pregnancy knocks your body off so much and its amazing how your body accomodates it all!!

Amazing :wink:

Hi Amy's Mum,

yes! I get that too! Mostly on the seats at work. I work in a library and have to sit at the issue desk for long periods of time and I have to remember to keep moving (although it's quite uncomfortable so I usually don't forget!). Sitting further back in the chair seems to help a bit.

Either you're not wierd or we both are :lol: !!

+++

Amy's mum said:
How far gone are you?

i am 7 weeks and 4 days, my ticker doesnt want to work for some reason :(

Thanks for the reply Rosebay

at least i know i'm not going totally mad!!!!

It was happening to me before i got pregnant :lol: really tho it was if i was sat in the same position to long maybe we notice things more when we are pregnant lol keep smiling bab x :D

its like that while you're pregnant, i wish it was like that while you give birth!!!!!! but unfortunately its not!! :roll:

I knom Im a bit late responding here, but I have to see a phyiotherapist because I have a fused spine, I'm prone to back problems in my pregnancy and like you littlebump I have had really bad pain in my coccyx, where they lock up and I get shooting pain. My therapst said that the most comon pain/numbness/discomfort caused in pregnancy was around the tail bone and also the lower abdomen, cause this is were the relaxin hormone affects the most and tinkers with your nerve endings. Also in second trimester where I am you can like me get Carpal tunnel syndrome where your wrists get swollen from the relaxin causing the carpal tunnel which carries the nerves to your fingers to get crushed so you get numb or pins and needles in your fingers.
All this Im assured is normal, so dont worry.

Hi Cat

Thanks for that - it's good to know it's a common complaint and that I'm not going mad.

I've never heard of a fused spine but hope you're not having too much of an uncomfortable time of it. I've heard of carpal tunnel syndrome but don't know anyone who has had it. Can they do anything about it / to relieve the symptoms?

LB

Erm, actually I didnt ask if I could relieve it in any way! I was just told it was very common and nothing to worry about. It dosent bother me I just wake up with slightly numb wrists and they look a bit swollen.
As for back pain, I will relay the exersises my physio told me and It should help you with coccyx and abdominal aches. What cases a lot of the problem is that when pregnant your pelvis slopes forwards instead of backwards and you adopt the 'swan' back shape. The key to avoiding problems is to help keep the pelis movig and tilting comfortably.
Firstly lie in bed on your back with your knees together and bent. If you feel behind your lower back you will probaply find a space there, now push your waist back onto the bed and tilt your pelvis up towards the ceiling so your back feels completly flat. Hold this position for about 5 seconds and slowly release. do this about 5 times then do it again but this time slowly take your bent legs over to your left then over to your right and back to the midle and release. and again repeat 5 times. you shouls aim to do this twice a day, I do it before going to sleep at night and again first thing in the morning before I get up. And it just helps to keep your pelvic region flexable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back