Really unwell. Advice?

Lynds77

Reaction score
My kids caught a sick bug last weekend. They have taken most of the week to get over it and my hubby was quite unwell on Wednesday, feeling like he had flu but he wasn't sick.

I kept waking up through the night with my stomach gurgling and feeling sick. This morning when I got up I had a few hours of really bad diarrhoea and was sick once. I feel really rough, bones all ache, am dizzy and have a temp of 38.2. My stomach has been cramping all day, but above my belly button, feel really bloated.

I managed some soup at lunch and have just had some peanut butter toast for dinner to try to help with the dizziness. I have been keeping my fluids up.

Do you think I need to just ride this out or phone NHS24? I don't have a midwife yet.

Probably worrying about nothing! X

I had exactly this on the day that I got my bfp.

All the symptoms you described.

I felt much better after 24 hours although I did have a dodgy tum for a good few days.

Main thing is to keep fluids up.

If you're worried then of course seek medical advice but it's probably just a bug.

XX

Oh no, that sounds awful! Lots of cooled boiled water and honey to keep you hydrated and blood sugars up.

I think you just need to keep in mind that many babies have mummies with terrible morning sickness and get through with all the heaving and lack of nutrients. You'll hopefully be over the worst of it now.

I've found early pregnancy a challenge this time around and was up all night with my Emily last night being sick the poor little thing. Her nursery just informed me yesterday morning that there was a sickness bug going around so she got it quick.

I suspect the boiled water will make the honey safe but be careful with what honey you chose x

Sickness bug has all gone and feel normal again but am still getting the odd dizzy spell. Putting it down to hormones x

Sickness bug has all gone and feel normal again but am still getting the odd dizzy spell. Putting it down to hormones x

There must be something going around. I spent the weekend dying in bed with a sick bug. I'm 16 weeks and peed myself every time I was sick :x

I suspect the boiled water will make the honey safe but be careful with what honey you chose x

Isn't honey fine when pregnant? It's just not safe for young babies under 1 as their gut isn't developed enough to combat bacteria and therefore a risk of botulism.

Sounds like a spot of gastroenteritis OP, hopefully it will pass soon just take small sips of squash often to keep fluids and blood sugar up and dry toast, you can also try ginger to ease your tummy.

Ah is it thanks I'm never sure what's OK and what's not everything seems to have changed from 8 years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back