Really struggling..

charlene09

Reaction score
I am beginning to struggle now especially with PGP/Sciatica.
I have been referred to Physio off my consultant but I am just worried that by the time the referral comes through the pregnancy will be over.

My husband works 8-2 Monday to Saturday and I am having to do the school run every day ( usually this wasn't a problem) until the last week or so. Anyway, He spoke to his boss on Thursday who agreed that he can change his hours to 9-3 so that he can take the boys to school and pick them up which is great but it's starting to really get me down now, my legs are just completley dead most of the time and I am unable to walk or sit myself up from lying down position in the morning when I have to get up.
I sleep with a pillow between my legs on my left side to try help it but it has got to the point now where it isn't working it is just worsening.
I'm not one for sitting around doing nothing but now I physically cannot walk to the toilet I am having to crawl on all 4s and pull myself up like a baby at the bathroom sink.

Any advice on what I can do? I wanna enjoy these next 10 weeks and not be in constant agony.

No advice really. Just wanted to let you know I am in the same position. Really really bad pain all the time. I am still working for the next 6 weeks also in a full time and full on job in constant pain and just want to rest. Come the weekends I am so exhausted I can hardly manage the smallest things.
My advice would be to rest as much as you can, try sitting on an exercise ball, which does appear to help me a little and just persevere unfortunately, there is not much anyone can recommend.

I have already had physio referral and they just went thru strategies to manage like I suggested above but none really help. And my consultants advice was take paracetamol, great thanks for that lol.

Hope it eases for us soon. Take care xx

No advice really. Just wanted to let you know I am in the same position. Really really bad pain all the time. I am still working for the next 6 weeks also in a full time and full on job in constant pain and just want to rest. Come the weekends I am so exhausted I can hardly manage the smallest things.
My advice would be to rest as much as you can, try sitting on an exercise ball, which does appear to help me a little and just persevere unfortunately, there is not much anyone can recommend.

I have already had physio referral and they just went thru strategies to manage like I suggested above but none really help. And my consultants advice was take paracetamol, great thanks for that lol.

Hope it eases for us soon. Take care xx

Thankyou. I will try sitting on a gym ball and see if that works :)
I'll get through this just wanted to see if there was a way I could get through it pain free and paracetamol do nothing x

Hi I was the same except my physio fit me in straight away however physio didn't help I got an appointment with the consultant on Thursday and now I'm being induced at 37 weeks because the pain is just too much my daughters nursery is three streets away and I struggle taking her and picking her up every day (my partner is in the army so away all week) so I do it all alone, just keep on complaining about the pain to the midwife, consultant and physio hope you get some help soon

The physio really helped me, as did pregnancy yoga and sitting on a birthing ball xx

I definitely recommend a yoga ball, physio got me to basically roll my hips. Other thing I found was to keep mobile, sciatica got so much worse if I was stuck in one position. As soon as you have your little one the pain will go, I was amazed just how quickly it went after birth!

Hey I have the same problem. Mine only in the night &'first thing in the morning though. I've been referred to physio as an 'urgent' case but over 3 weeks on & I've heard nothing. Going to chase them today. It's good you oh can help a bit now too in the mornings.

Hiya, last time around I had severe SPD & SJD from 14 weeks, I had physio but was signed off after a few weeks as the pain increased after each session and I couldn't walk. They gave me crutches and advised me to get a belt. I purchased a maternity/pelvic support belt. This keeps your hips sturdy & lifts the bump to help alleviate the weight off your hips. Might be worth investing in one. I've been using mine this time for the odd day when they start hurting over the last 2 weeks x

I got my physio appointment through today for next Tuesday xx

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had a really bad back and my ball was a God send and had it blown up quite early on. I'm a ball preecher. Of course it doesn't solve everything.

Are you on any pain medication that your GP can prescribe?

Also as someone says yoga is good, perhaps a wee treat for a massage and/or crutches and support belt.

Hopefully the PT will be able to best advise you when you go to your appt.

Plenty of hot baths too, if there's any excuse for a relaxing hot bath once daily this it :p

Hope you feel better soon.

xxxx

Good news Charlene.
I've been waiting over 3 weeks to hear now & I chased them up yesterday & they had sent my urgent referral to the wrong place so it was sent again today with an 'urgent review' on it to the right place. So hopefully I get an appointment soon too!

Let us know how you get on Charlene.

I have been to the Dr's this morning and she has diagnosed me with PGP. I have had to take the day off as I literally cannot walk at the moment, was told to self refer to physio, but could be 4 weeks waiting! Been prescribed Co codamol so only taking it when I need it, as not keen on taking pills during pregnancy! Got my consultant next week, so hopefully they will help me with the referral! I am feeling your pain hun x

It's been agonising today. I'm having a complete bed rest day tomorrow once I've dropped the boys off at school x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back