Really struggling

Kaedin

Reaction score
I've only just broken up with my daughters father at the weekend and I'm finding it really difficult.

We had been together almost 5 years, and I do still love him. But he just wasn't putting our child as a priority. Honestly, I pray and pray that he realises he has been in the wrong and needs to step up and spend more time bonding with her. Hope he would also realise he wasn't treating me in the right way and we could get back together and be that happy family unit again.

But I don't think that will happen, which I find difficult. I've not eaten in 4 days, I feel constantly sick and crying. When I'm playing and talking with my daughter I just put a huge fake smile on my face and play away with her, but as soon as im out of her sight I start crying again.

What do you do to deal with a break up? This is my first ever serious relationship, and I never expected to break up with him and become a single mum. Never planned this for my daughter - and feel horrible for her that it's ended like this

Did he start treating you differently after your baby was born or has his behavior suddenly become amplified to you now that you're a mother? How was he mistreating you?

I'm only asking as some guys actually do care but aren't naturally capable of displaying compassion and emotion.

He has become alot worse since having a child, just very neglectful and only caring for himelf. But since breaking up he's shown he really doesn't care about me or for our daughter.

I'm still not really eating, but not because I feel sick more so because I've hardly eaten so can only handle a little in my stomach. My sister-in-law has been brilliant, really helping me to know it is a positive and it will be easier in the future

I think this happens in a lot of relationships sadly. It is a massive test on a relationship having children. I'm sorry for the loss of relationship. The only way I think you can deal with it is be gentle on yourself. Give yourself time it will take a long time I'm sure. Know that it's ok to feel how you feel. Surround yourself with friends and family and cut as much contact with him as you can on a personal level as in don't stalk his Facebook and stuff cos it will only make you more sad. And most important know that one day you will feel fine! Time xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back