Really really unhappy and mad

Steelers fan

Reaction score
I have just got off the phomne to Mamas and Papas who are supposed to be one of THE brands!!!After spending over a grand with them doing the nursery it is all finished apart from the curtains which have been on order for 3 months. The baby is due in 2 weeks and after much complaining they have admited that they have discontinued the range without letting anyone know and without fullfilling the outstanding orders. They didnt offer any alternative nothing!!!!Do they not realise they are dealing with very pregnant woman who's hormones are everywhere and are really not going to be happy when they are messed around!! I wouldn't mind so much if they had let me know I spoke to them in October, November and December and they kept saying the stock was coming. They are just lying! Now I can honestly say I will not buy another thing from them as long as I live I am so disappointed with them and so bloody cross. Talk about shit customer service!!!!!!!
Sorry to go on but not happy at all!!!!!

oh dear, they are right gits arnt they & they dont give a sh*t .Know how you feel i had the same problem with my curtains and now iv run out of boarder and cant get any more !

Why dont you see if you can get it on ebay?

Thanks Kim I have put it in my items to watch. Fingers crossed the price won't go sky high.

Yeah thats the only problem isn't it!!

Good luck anyway :D

Thanks Mel, just tried them and they havent the curtains I need. It is really annoying. I want to smack the woman at M&P's! I think I might go to Dunelm tomorrow to see if they have something similar and cheap!!!!
Fingers crossed! Thanks again all Love Tracy x

sorry they can't help you!! :(

did you ask them if they could check from all their stores...some might still have a couple in stock, that they could retrieve for you, and send you!?

otherwise try this one, ...maybe!
http://www.babyunique.co.uk/bedtime.asp?subcatid=36

mel xx
I will keep on looking, because I would feel probably even more angry than you...I cannot bear hypocrisy! I have become so upset a couple of times in shops lately!!!

though they say on their website that it's been discontinued, they might still have some in stock!

otherwise I found that:
http://www.kiddisave.co.uk/product_info ... cts_id/216

they say they don't sell it online, but in their shop which seems to be in Walsall, west midlands, but if they have it and you explain them the whole situation, they might be able to do something for you!

mel xx

My friend had a big problem with M and P as well.
She bought a travel cot, and not only did they drag it along the floor in the shop, making a hole in the carry case, they sold her the wrong size matress.

They took the cot away with them for the weekend, and although they noticed the matress was too small, they had no choice but to use it.

When they rang the helpline they were told that because they had used it, they weren't allowed to bring it back, as it couldn't be resold. My friend was mad as hell... the shop gavce them the wrong matress, and the baby had to sleep somewhere!

In the end, she went into the actual shop, who were great and took the mattress back to use for display in the shop, and gave her a new cover straight away.

About the curtains, that ebay seller also had a listing to sell that fabric by the metre... why not email them and explain your situation and see if you can buy some of the fabric?

Good luck!

ha ha i couldnt beleive this post. Guess what i had the same problem!!

I have chosen the Sunshine Safari range too and spent hundreds, went in the other day with xmas money to get the bumper and a few other bits remaining that we didnt have yet. No items i wanted out on thre shelf, asked the unhelpful shop assistant who said they were due in in the new year.

Well i couldnt wait so phoned the main no in the back of the catalogue to see which stores had the things, who said ' range discontinued' WHAT!, Me and OH were fuming!! No stores have what i want and the one i bid on on ebay was withdrawn halfway through the auction as the lady decided to keep it. AHHHHH i was winning the auction as well! The shop had no indication that they were finishing the range, i had been buying one thing a month to spread the cost out, had i known they were going to stop the range i'd have bought it all at once!

Anyway i asked Mamas and papas main phone no to tell me local stockists and they did, most of them didnt have any stock in that i wanted but the last one in Southampton did, they put the items aside then we went to get them (only about 20 miles) we got there to find ALL thier sunshine safari stuff half price!!!!

We ended up buying the rocking lion, mobile, door stop, quilt, fleece blanket all bargain price. Sod mamas and papas next time i have a baby tho i'll buy elsewhere.

Would you like me to call them for you and see if they have what you want, as you are not local i am happy to get it for you if you send me the money.

Let me know i dont mind at all, it means i can go back and buy more baby stuff!!

:D I will post my nursery pics soon too as i have made a clock and painting to match the sunshine safari range as they dont make one, i am realy chuffed with it so will show everyone!

Thank you everyone for your help. I think I have tracked some down and I am waiting for them to get back to me. They are in another branch of the Coop so I think they are on their way to me!! Fingers crossed. It is just so annoying though. They really dont take into account our hormones do they??? Happy shopping everyone!

hi what range is it your doin the nursery? i had dior in march i done hers in millie and borris

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back