Really Need Some Advice

MHemmelrick

Reaction score
Hi! I created an account here because I could really use someone to talk to. My fiance and I recently started trying to conceive and although he wants a baby, the planning part kinda freaks him out. It doesn't turn him off of the idea or anything but he says he would rather leave me up to planning and scheduling of it all. I know I've been a little emotional about it because I have some concerns about my fertility in general. I also think it may be because he just wants to enjoy his last bit of freedom without me bombarding him with it. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it just because we're women, so when we're ready it just completely takes over our entire body and it may not seem as real to him yet? Our relationship, in general, is rock solid (and no I'm not just saying that I have absolutely no doubts about him or having a baby with him). I don't want to push him if he isn't ready obviously, but he says he's on board. I even still ask if he wants a condom and he replies "f*** that" (excuse my French lol). We haven't been trying long at all so I'm just wondering if this is normal and I'm just being neurotic about it.

He just sounds like a man, lol. If you’re already trying, you can’t really do any more planning than that anyway so relax a bit :)

Completely agree with @WinterWolf.
There isn't much he can do when it comes to planning tbh. Just enjoy the journey and you will get your bubba soon. x

For us we spoke about trying again and we agreed I just told him ok that's me off the pill now. I did all the ovulating tests I knew when we was good to go but he never did. I think it puts too much pressure on the man to perform sometimes. Like above winter said try to relax (easier said than done I know) and have some fun

My husband was interested in the process but I was the one deciding what vitamins we should take etc and he just followed my instructions, haha.

Hubs simply could not have been less interested in knowing about vitamins, ovulation, any of that.

He was just in it for ... the ride so to speak.

Thanks, ladies. I really appreciate it. Sometimes you just need to hear that you're gonna be okay. I spent most of my life denying ever wanting children because I was not nice to myself and my body for so many years and I'm terrified to try and take this step and fail. It's even harder when I don't have anyone I'm able to talk to about it. You're experiences have really helped ease some of my worries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back