really need advice

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by SCARED MUM TO BE, Jul 5, 2005.

1. SCARED MUM TO BE

SCARED MUM TO BE Well-Known Member

Hey ya, i know im sounding really selfish but im over 5 weeks pregnant now and i feel really down, I had been accepted to do a HND in september in fashion and now i will have to stay in my crappy job for another while. It has got me really down.
    I know there are people out there who would love to be in my situation. I have ruled out abortion as I dont think its ideal for me.
    I just feel on my own even though I have the support of my partner and family, can you girls give me some kind words of wisdom, what do i do about my hnd? is there anything i can do to cheer myself up. please help thank you. :cry:

2. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

yeah tricky situation and lots of mixed emotions you may be feeling. THIS IS NATURAL!! I think all of us have felt really emotional at some point and not sure what life will hold, other than a baby!!

I can't really give you advice on what to do except that you will make the right choice for you and your circumstances.

I am nearly due to give birth, well in a few weeks, and I still don't know my arse from my elbow.

Good luck and all these feelings are natural and show you care !

:)

3. chaz

chaz Member

if i was in your position i would talk to your doctor explain what is wrong and tell he or she that it is getting you down try and look for another job as you are in eairly pregnacy you could go part time i wouldnt beat yourself up over it look for ways to work round your problems you could work from home you are not selfish at all you just want something better doesnt evrybody if you do look for something dont think oh carnt the baby think i might be pregnant but i know i can do it they are millions of woman who have if you can explain to your partner how you are feeling you never know he might come up with some good ideas if you bottle them up it will make you worse i know i have been there and am sure the last thing you want is panic attacks and been given anti-depressents to live off it sounds like you have got your head screwed on right so use it to make something possitive hope i have helpted and i hope everything goes well

4. Hayley05

Hayley05 Well-Known Member

I have felt this way too. Like the other girls said, its normal. I didnt get like that until later on in my pregnancy, but it still comes and goes. Dont worry!!!

5. Guest

I was due to start and Access course this September to then study Midwifery nex September for 3 years. This ob won't be hppening now. I was very confused at first and like you knew that abortion was not an option. I still felt robbed though. I just decided I will do it another time when the baby is in school full time.

6. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

I too am 5 weeks pregnant and have felt really low these last few days, spent most of the weekend in tears for no reason.

Life sounds tough for you at the mo but be assured that your hormones are responsible for most of that. You are gonna be a mum which to many people is the greatest most amazing miracle in the world. I know you must be dissapointed but at least nowadays you can do your HND at any time in the future. Most colleges have good creche's so it may be sooner than you think.

You will get through this, you will love your baby more than anything in the world and all this will then seem worth it.

Good luck xx

7. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

Scared Mum To Be - I hope you are feeling more reassured and hope all is well with you :)

8. SCARED MUM TO BE

SCARED MUM TO BE Well-Known Member

hey everyone I just want to say a HUGE thank you for all your help, it feels good to know that these feelings happen everyone, :D
    I am going to stay posotive for myself and my baby, it still feels weird writing that, :shock:
    but i am going to love this baby with all my heart.
    and for all you ladies that are due very soon i wish you al the best and can we keep in touch so i know what to expect when my little bundle arrives.
    and for the rest that have a bit to go id really love if we could also keep in touch just so i know i have people to talk to.
    Again thank you al so much. :D :D :D

9. boo boo

boo boo Well-Known Member

Hey im in the same position as you, as was due to start uni in september to study psychology (finaly) i had waited so long to go, and had even paid 250 pound to go on to a course to get me the right qualifications to go on to study my degree. I was really gutted at first and was seriously considering an abortion, as going to uni was my dream and I felt that I was giving everything up having a baby and ruining my life. But now I have decided to keep the baby, and im happier than ever and cant wait to have my little baby. I have also realised that I have not ruined any thing I csn easily defer for a year or two , whatever I feel is neccesary, will more than likely only be a year. I can still achieve my dreams, simply all that has happened now is that my life is going in a different order to what I had planned, not ruined. I can still do everything I want, just not in the order I wanted to.
    I wouldnt be to upset about not being able to go on o study, its annoying but you have loads of time to do it. And when you have your precious little baby it could make you more dtermined as you are not just doing it for yourself then, but also for your child.
    Well thats what I think.
    Hope I havent babled to much, and good luck.

bec x x

10. sharyn

sharyn New Member

Well, you already made the great decision to keep your little baby; good for you. Now just try and be positive about the future that you will have. There is no sense in beating your self up over something that just wont be able to happen now. You have a lot to look forward to- even some mixed feelings. Just remember that this is how it’s going to be now-- you’re a mom. Now live your life as best that you can. It will work out for both of you. Just spend this next year completely setting up your life, prepare yourself & make a good plan. You’ll be fine.

Step by step!!

p.s. I am 5 months pregnant and I just stopped feeling like you do. Don’t take as long as I did.