really frightened, can anyone offer reassurance?

Shepherdess

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Following the birth of my lo 19m ago I started getting what I thought was BV. GP agreed and I was given antibiotics for it. I had a smear which came back clear

About 6m ago my periods were being funny in that I started spotting a week before due date and I was having some pain during sex. GP said I had an ecroprion (sorry if that's not spelled right) and to go back if it got worse.

It has, I now spot constantly after ovulation all the way through and sex is always painful. This cycle I've had clots and light bleeding since week 2 and really bad pain every night

I'm so scared the smear missed something. GP is referring me for an urgent scan and after examining said something is definitely wrong but she wasn't sure what but she had this look that has really made me worry

I'm so upset and stupidly have been googling constantly. Does anyone have any wise words? The C word pops up all the time and I just look at my little girl and wsnt to cry.

Any advice would be helpful.

Hey didn't want to read and run but wanted to say I hope it goes ok. Its great there going to get you a scan abit faster but I can see why your worried. Do you have a date for the scan x

Thanks for the reply blueclass. I've had my scan, it was both internal and external ultrasounds. Quite uncomfortable but in glad they saw me so quickly. The lady Said she couldn't tell me anything and I have to wait to see my gp. She was lovely but I'm still super worried. She kept focusing on my right ovary saying she couldn't see it but it's the right side where I've been getting the pain so I'm now sure there's something wrong there. Fingers crossed my swabs come back quick and the gp gives the results so as this is awful

How long till the results? Could it be a cyst or something like that? I had a cyst in my uterus and it burst wow it was so painful x

I'm hoping it's some sort is cyst. It's the best case scenario really. Hopefully the gp Will call by the end of this week. I just want to know atm I've got the worst case thoughts going around my head. I'm usually such a positive person and would never get so stressed but I'm just so frightened

Aww I understand. I hope it is good news for you. Let us know x

https://www.jostrust.org.uk/about-cervical-cancer/cervical-erosion-cervical-ectropion

Here's some useful information. It says as well that smears can irritate it. I had a smear and it come back not good then I had biopsies which confirmed no cancer is present but I do have cin 2. I chose the wait and see approach and am back in end of the month to see whether there's any changes. But I had no pain, no pain after or during smears, I have no symptoms what so ever and only the biopsy hurt and irritated the bits ever so slightly. There is no inflammation.

The treatments are however very similar just a little less invasive. Just ask to be referred to the colposcopy clinic as they can have a more detailed examination of the cervix and advise you they can also put your mind at ease. You can also be seen really quickly x

Here's some useful information. It says as well that smears can irritate it. I had a smear and it come back not good then I had biopsies which confirmed no cancer is present but I do have cin 2. I chose the wait and see approach and am back in end of the month to see whether there's any changes. But I had no pain, no pain after or during smears, I have no symptoms what so ever and only the biopsy hurt and irritated the bits ever so slightly. There is no inflammation.

The treatments are however very similar just a little less invasive. Just ask to be referred to the colposcopy clinic as they can have a more detailed examination of the cervix and advise you they can also put your mind at ease. You can also be seen really quickly x

thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back