Really disappointed with 4D scan :-(

wannabmummy

Reaction score
Had my 4D scan today! It was so lovely to see his little face - I love him so much! I just feel a bit down and don't feel like I should be down because we still got to see him, but he hid behind the placenta the whole time so we only got to see half his face, he was asleep for the whole thing bless him so he didn't really move.

When he did move she didn't bloody catch it on DVD so we have a 5 min DVD of him asleep and only half his face and the photos are rubbish too. It looked like he was smiling at one point and we only have one photo of it and it's still not great quality.

She sent us for a 15 min walk to see if he would turn, and when we came back he had turned away completely so she was like oh well, I don't think we will ever get a good shot of his face so off you go!! £150 later we have a 5 min DVD of him sleeping and half his face, and rubbish photos.

I am tempted to email babybond and tell them I am disappointed but I don't want to look ungrateful :-( here are some of the pics we got anyway! Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325956033.912416.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325956033.912416.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 45
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325956046.727181.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325956046.727181.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 37
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325956060.268206.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325956060.268206.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325956068.776750.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325956068.776750.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 39
He is beautiful sorry you are dissapointed an email to babybond can't do any harm.

He's so cute! I would definantly email them. I know many people who has gotten a new appointment due to baby being asleep and not cooperating!

xx

Aw, hello cutie!!

Sorry you were disappointed hun, that's a big shame.

Aww hun :hugs:

If I'm honest, I was a bit disappointed with my scan at first too. (I also had it with Babybond). They tried to get baby to move as he constantly had his hands over his face. Thankfully he did move into a better position after a walk and some water. But we paid extra for all photos to be put on a cd-rom, to get home and find it was completely blank! I was so annoyed, I rang them the next morning and had to wait til after xmas for another to be sent out to me (didn't even get an apology for the inconvenience either!).

As it's a private scan that's expensive, I think they should treat you much better then that! Definately email then, explain the situation and they might offer you some type of compensation. It's ridiculous that the sonographer didn't offer you a rescan anyway! I read on the website that they will offer you a rescan if they can't get satisfying results, free of charge of course.

Last edited:
He's a cutie. However I wasn't pleased with babybond either. Although I didn't have the 4d scan we did pay for gender scan at 16 weeks only to be told they weren't sure despite him being in prime position. So we had to wait a week to find out he was a he. I also didn't get the 4d preview which was meant to be included. To top it off they mixed the lady before mine photos. Not impressed considering the money we paid.

I would email them if u aren't happy hun I had babybond and I had a great experience! He looks gorgeous btw

Thanks girlies - he is such a cutie! That's why I feel bad for feeling bad - it was so lovely to see his little face! I'll email them and see what they say, it can't hurt I guess xx

He is gorgeous!! Def email them though you have nothing to lose xx

What a cutie, I guess you can't guess how LO will be, but don't think the sonographer should have been like that with you. Maybe you should email them explaining how you feel incase the sonographer is like that with all people x

Right well I sent them an email so we will see if they get back to me. It wasn't an angry email, just said that I was upset and disappointed so hopefully they will get back to me at some point! I will let you all know what happens! On a lighter note, I am totally in love with my little man! It was really amazing to see his little face today <3 xx

Sorry to hear you are disappointed hun. If they offer a free scan ask if you can go to the heathrow one, I know its a bit of a trek but she's excellent and not far off the m25 xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back