really daft question

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by El1en, Oct 31, 2016.

1. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

Hi girls

My little one loves bath toys. She got some animal ones that squirt water out their months

However, while after every bath I make sure they are not left full of water the insides of the toys have got that black slime that things get when wet and I can't get rid of it so now when she is playing sometimes bits get squirted out into the bath which I think is gross

Any tips? I've tried sucking in water that's mixed with shampoo/fairy liquid

Will I just have to buy new ones?

2. Maud

Maud Well-Known Member

We swill water around in them while squishing any bits the mould gathers and then give it a good shake and squirt as much out as possible. We do chuck them once they get too nasty though.

3. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

I suck up a 10% hydrogen peroxide shake them well and leave them soaking out of reach for a couple of days. Then rinse well. It usually cures the problem, until it happens again. I think a soution of normal bleach is even more effective but I can't use bleach.

4. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions I'm reluctant to use bleach but may give it a go. They're pretty hard so it's not really possible to squeeze his off them. They wouldn't have even cost a tenner so I should probably Chuck them

5. snowbee

snowbee Well-Known Member

Try Milton if you are reluctant to use bleach.

6. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

I buy cheap ones and chuck them out, also look for no squirty ones - boats etc x

7. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Yeh buying cheep ones and binning them is probably a good moove my DD gets too attached to them though, lol.

8. JamsMom

JamsMom Well-Known Member

Pop them in a bucket of milton and squeeze to fill, leave them in there overnight and squeeze out a few times in the morning .

9. Lucyboo

Lucyboo Well-Known Member

I have been told cheap Coca Cola is good. Cleans everything, makes you wonder what it does to your insides though yuk x