Really annoyed with dates and confused!!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Otleymum, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Otleymum

Otleymum New Member

Hi! Will try to keep this short but would really appreciate some opinions.

Had a miscarriage on 13 Jan when I was 7 +4 weeks pregnant.

I recovered quickly and hormone levels dropped back to 0 in under 2 weeks. Tried straight away to get pregnant and 3 weeks ago (22 Feb) got a positive result!! Whoop!

Anyway obs dont really know my dates so have used my miscarriage date so estimate myself to be 8 +5 weeks now.

Been to first midwife appointment today who said that is not possible and I am no more than 6 weeks????

How can this be right and where is she getting the dates from. If i am only 6 weeks my pregnancy test wouldnt have shown positive 3 weeks ago surely!!! Really annoyed as feel like my scan is going to be delayed now!!!

2. Otleymum

Otleymum New Member

Also when I tried to explain about dates she said that cant be right as I wouldnt have been emotionally ready to try so soon after the miscarriage!!! What does she know about how I felt!!

3. Sandytoes

Sandytoes Member

Hi Otleymum,

Sorry to hear about your loss & about the response ypu got from the midwife. I'm in a similar situation to you, I had a miscarriage on the 11th January, I ovulated 2 weeks later and fell pregnant again. I used the 12th Jan as the first day of my cycle but when I rang EPU the midwife told me to count day 1 of my cycle as the day I thought I ovulated. That didn't make sense to me so I asked for advice from some of the ladies on here and decided to ignore the midwife & use 12th Jan as day 1. I went for an early scan (privately) last week & it confirmed that my dates were bang on.
    I'd suggest going with what you feel is right & if you're able to have an early scan that might help. I don't know how the system works in your area about booking the dating scan but hopefully you can just phone & book yourself in by telling them how far along you think you are.
    Congratulations! Hope you have a happy & healthy 9 months xxx

4. scn

scn Well-Known Member

I agree, just go with your dates, even if ovulation was a bit delayed you could still be around 7+ weeks. It is possible to get a positive result at 3 weeks pregnant though .... I did xx
    No way of knowing really until you get a scan. Maybe book a private scan to give you an idea of how far along you are then you can arrange your 12 week scan for the right time xx

5. Maaaaaac

Maaaaaac Well-Known Member

What a terrible response! I don't really know how they work out dates, so im really sorry i cant help but just wanted to comment because that is a terrible attitude. Dates change so much anyway, i would just stick to your own dates until dating scan, thats your best bet :) Heres to a happy healthy nine months :):)