Really annoyed with dates and confused!!

Otleymum

Reaction score
Hi! Will try to keep this short but would really appreciate some opinions.

Had a miscarriage on 13 Jan when I was 7 +4 weeks pregnant.

I recovered quickly and hormone levels dropped back to 0 in under 2 weeks. Tried straight away to get pregnant and 3 weeks ago (22 Feb) got a positive result!! Whoop!

Anyway obs dont really know my dates so have used my miscarriage date so estimate myself to be 8 +5 weeks now.

Been to first midwife appointment today who said that is not possible and I am no more than 6 weeks????

How can this be right and where is she getting the dates from. If i am only 6 weeks my pregnancy test wouldnt have shown positive 3 weeks ago surely!!! Really annoyed as feel like my scan is going to be delayed now!!!

Also when I tried to explain about dates she said that cant be right as I wouldnt have been emotionally ready to try so soon after the miscarriage!!! What does she know about how I felt!!

Hi Otleymum,

Sorry to hear about your loss & about the response ypu got from the midwife. I'm in a similar situation to you, I had a miscarriage on the 11th January, I ovulated 2 weeks later and fell pregnant again. I used the 12th Jan as the first day of my cycle but when I rang EPU the midwife told me to count day 1 of my cycle as the day I thought I ovulated. That didn't make sense to me so I asked for advice from some of the ladies on here and decided to ignore the midwife & use 12th Jan as day 1. I went for an early scan (privately) last week & it confirmed that my dates were bang on.
I'd suggest going with what you feel is right & if you're able to have an early scan that might help. I don't know how the system works in your area about booking the dating scan but hopefully you can just phone & book yourself in by telling them how far along you think you are.
Congratulations! Hope you have a happy & healthy 9 months xxx

I agree, just go with your dates, even if ovulation was a bit delayed you could still be around 7+ weeks. It is possible to get a positive result at 3 weeks pregnant though .... I did xx
No way of knowing really until you get a scan. Maybe book a private scan to give you an idea of how far along you are then you can arrange your 12 week scan for the right time xx

What a terrible response! I don't really know how they work out dates, so im really sorry i cant help but just wanted to comment because that is a terrible attitude. Dates change so much anyway, i would just stick to your own dates until dating scan, thats your best bet :) Heres to a happy healthy nine months :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back