Ready for weaning????

toni64539

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Jonah is 21 weeks old so nearly 5 & 1/2 months, and the last three nights he's woken up at 4 for a feed when he's been sleeping through, and its been a BIG feed, so he's definitely hungry and not just been disturbed etc. and gradually over the last few days he wants to feed loads!!! He's breastfed, and has been feeding every two hours today when normally goes every 4/5 hours. He also cant take his eyes off us if were eating, and is really good at sitting. Do u think its time to take the plunge and make a start???

Last edited:
Honestly you know your baby better than anyone, the feeding could be a growth spurt and weaning doesn't always help they still want loads because you start small. I'm guessing you think he is ready so I'd say do it

Can he sit virtually unaided? Move objects quickly and accurately to his mouth? Make chewing motions??

If not them its unlikely.

There's a growth spurt and sleep regression (the start learning to move through sleep cycles like an adult) at 4 months. Both of which people often mistake for signs of being ready for weaning.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I would slowly start yes, it takes a while for them to take to it and to find a good routine so no harm to start now and take it slowly with no pressure. You are almost at the 6 m mark anyway.

Have fun :)

I started at 4m and properly at 5m. Theres no right or wrng do what you feel x

Yeah he's only a few weeks off 6 months so I would make a start and just take it slowly :) x

I'm weaning my LO already, he's a tall lad and always hungry (hungry baby milk would even fill him) so on advise of my health visitor and dr I started. As the girls said you know your baby better than anyone and if you think he's ready then try him. They recommended baby rice at first now Elliott is on three meals a day. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back