reactions to spinal block

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering whether anybody could help me. I had an elective c section with my 2 child after an induction didnt work.

I had a spinal block (hadnt eaten since midnight the night before as advised). When the surgeon started the operation i started to have a reaction. I was sweating and vomiting (although there was nothing in me). this went on until they pulled Joshua out and then all the sweating and vomiting disappeared.

has anybody heard of this.

x

hey girl

the same thing happened to me. was throwing up, but it was after alana was born.

but i also had shaking fit and cudnt breathe lol

love elaine

Hi Davina,

Yes, nausea vomiting , sweating r all just adverse reactions b'coz ur autonomic nervous system's working very hard to keep up ur BP after the spinal block. They are recognised reactions to a spinal, and it is b'coz u might vomit that u r expected to be empty stomach when recieving a spinal, (so u dont choke on ur own vomit!!)
Having a severe headache is also a known complication of a spinal, for a few unlucky people it remains for a few days or months!!!
Hope u dont require one of them this time around. Good Luck

Hi

thanks for all the info, and yes Hope i will have to have another spinal block. I just couldnt understand why it all stopped as soon as they took Joshua out of me. I just went extremely tired and that was it.

didnt suffer from headaches or any other pains so i was lucky. Hope i will be just as lucky this time. got an appointment with the anaethietist (cant spell it) next friday so i will ask loads of questions then.

thanks again.

x

I was also shaking quite bad which i was told was normal and just the effect of the spinal... i also had a shooting pain in my left shoulder/collor bone area when they started the section, they said " oh dont worry prob just hit a nerve" i was like " oh bloody brilliant never mind then!!!!!" lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back