Reaction to jabs!? advice opinions please

HL28

Reaction score
Bit of a long story. B had her jabs at 9.30 in the morning. At 1.45 while out in her pushchair she cried so I got her out. She then gagged, went white even her lips, floppy, eyes rolling and unresponsive!! And I couldn't tell if she was breathing. I rang 999 immediately. On arrival at A&E her sats were 80% so she had oxygen. She was like I described for atleast 5 mins until I laid her on the floor to monitor breathing and was then vacant and floppy for about 1 and half hours. They discharged her as fit and healthy. A&E report is inconclusive. Could have been jabs or an episode of forgetting to breath!!! Anyone else experienced this? I'm a wreck!!! X

The let go a baby that arrived there with 80% saturation :roll: :shock: I am gobsmacked really :roll:

Call the out of hours doctor and tell them you are popping in before bedtime for them to measure her levels one more time before sleep time.

I have no idea if its a reaction to jabs it may be but what do I know is that even if he was sparkling fit and shiny they should have monitored her for at least one night with 80% saturation during presentation...

Sorry should have said this happened last week. HV only rung today with the A&E report! She's just told me to get on with it in not quite such a harsh way! Xxx

Iv got no idea but don't think I would be happy with them letting her out the same day, I agree with Hope!!

My lo was ok with her 1st and 2nd lot of injections but had her 3rd lot yesterday and would not stop crying all day! Think she was in pain as went mental when touched her legs. We have been keeping an eye on her temp but if she done that I would make them keep her in until they was 100% sure she is ok.

I'm sure she will be fine and over it now but best be sure if I was you Hun......not trying to scare you just what I would do xx

We did go up to the ward for a few hours observation and she was 100% back to herself for a few hours before we left. I'm not convinced it's jabs as she had no reaction on her legs or a temperature at all!!! X

Nope not really. Although when we were in the hospital they made us think they thought it was jabs but A&E report just says could have been jabs or forgetting to breath/apnea x

Hi hun

Some babies hold their breath. My MIL tells me that hubby used to do it all the time till he went blue and passed out .. I'm constantly waiting for Aaron to do it to me.

Hopefully its just a one off. Keep a close eye on her (i know you are though) and if it happens again I'd ask for further investigations

Thanks tweety. We used to co sleep but I now put her in cot with angelcare mat on. I find co sleeping I actually wake up more in a panic at the min. I'm constantly poking her to check she's ok. I guess there's nothing I can do but carry on as I am. It just means I probably won't leave her until she's about ten!!!! I was hoping to be less clingy now she's my third but I guess I'm potentially now going to be worse! Another set of jabs due in 3 weeks but will be done in hospital xxx

Aaron has sleep apnoea so stops breathing in his sleep - he will sleep on his angelcare monitor until he's 50 if I have anything to do with it,

I hope you can get some rest and not worry too much x

So the monitors are definitely a good option then? X

I must admit I'm not sure I'd be sleeping otherwise! I have the bleeping noise on aswell! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back