Re establishing bf

queenriccy

Reaction score
I need some advice girls.
I breastfed daisy for a week, we switched to bottles because of a few reasons but I won't go into that.
My milk hadn't dried up, I take my bra off and I squirt everything.how easy would it be to re establish feeding ?

Xx

get her back on the boob as often as possible and it should build back up :)

Hiya! Before i waffle on i would just say defo go to a bf support group that has a lactation consultant who will advise you much better than ill attempt too.
How's the baby's latch? It's defo possible, especially as the milk is there. The difficulties will be baby not being used to the correct latch and getting annoyed they can't get the milk out the way they did for the bottle. Also your body will need to get used to supplying the amount of milk your baby will need which will also cause a bit of frustration for your baby.

To solve the latch issue,the only way to do it is perseverance really. They will get used to it. What might cause them to go into a fit of rage is being really hungry and unable to get the milk out. One way to solve that is to get an SNS by Medela where you can put in expressed milk and there are tubes that rest on the nipple. When the baby starts sucking the milk will be released automatically so they continue to latch properly and don't get frustrated that the milk isn't coming asap like it does with a bottle.

To help with the supply issue, pumping after the baby has fed really helps - around 10 mins on each side. Or more regularly like every 4 hours. You can hire a hospital grade double pump for around £40 for a month to help with this. You wouldn't need it longer than this as you'll soon have enough to feed your baby and eventually your body will suss out how often your baby feeds and how much and will adapt accordingly.

It defo is possible and you might find its so much easier than all I've described but I know some mums find it quite an all consuming process.

Good luck hun and if you have any more questions please ask. I've recently completed my bf peer support course and have recently worked with a couple of mums who have come to seek support on relactation.xx

I've not had any experience but I'd recommend putting little one on the boob as much as you can and express aswell to build up supply again.
The main struggle will be with latching on x

I can't help with advise, but I just wanted to say good luck and good to you x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27