Rasperry leaf tea?

Pregnot

Reaction score
I've read a few things saying from
32 weeks you should start but others from 34 what's your thoughts??

I have no idea, I was as confused! I started drinking the tea at 35week though and tablets at 36. I am pretty sure they have done nothing for me so far! But we will see :) x

Rlt is very good for strengthening the uterine muscles ready for labour which in turn can set labour off! That's why they say not before 34 weeks invade it works too well lol

There's mixed research. Some actually suggests it is safe to take all the way through pregnancy.

Tbh, even the most though research study suggests it only has a very minor effect in labour (10mins reduction) so don't worry too much.

There are quite a few contraindications to using it though - including family history of female cancers, previous fast labour, multiples etc.

My NCT midwife that ran our class said there's absolutely no evidence that it makes you go into labour, it sometimes (not always) strengthens the uterine muscles but the human body is perfectly designed to push a baby out without raspberry leaf tea. I'd save your money x

My NCT midwife that ran our class said there's absolutely no evidence that it makes you go into labour, it sometimes (not always) strengthens the uterine muscles but the human body is perfectly designed to push a baby out without raspberry leaf tea. I'd save your money x

I agree, think its a load of rubbish!!ha your body will cope just fine without a drink of tea!ha i think its all in your head you take it and think its done something, and people that say oh i took it in one labour it helped and next labour i never took it and it was long etc i think it rubbish because every labour is different even for same person so was prob just a case one labour was easier than the other nothing to do with rlt!! Im not one that believes in taking thing to try change something, our bodies already will do on there ownbut each to there own n all thatx

I started at 34wks and just increased the capsules as the weekends went on and introduced the tea aswell.

I ha a fast labour and uterus contracted back pretty fast after so i do believe it helps xx

Where do you get it from? Health food shop? No joy in the supermarket. Might give it a try for the last few weeks. X

The most recent/thorough research study, done in australia, on its use suggested that on average it makes your 'active labour' 10mins shorter!

It's not supposed to 'bring on labour', but obviously for some people it may make active stage a fair bit shorter, for others 10mins is worth it!

Where do you get it from? Health food shop? No joy in the supermarket. Might give it a try for the last few weeks. X

Holland and Barrett usually have it a tea or capsules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back