Raspberry leaf tea?

love87

Reaction score
I know I'm very very late to be starting raspberry leaf tea, but I am desperate to get this baby moving. I'm 39+2 and really want her out, I'm so uncomfortable. Was at clinic today and they don't seem in a hurry to get her out either. My question is is it one cup a day to begin with? Am I wasting my time this late? I am one desperate and frustrated mama.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

It doesnt induce labour anyway hun its spose to shorten the 2nd stage of labour.. And at 39wks ull want about 5-6 cups a day not 1 xx

I drank it in my last pregnancy and hated it so won't be doing it again, but yeah crack on with it if you are going to try it! Drink as much as you can lol xx

RLT this late on won't do anything. It's to strengthen the uterus ready for pushing on your contractions during labour. This is why yo need to take it for a few weeks.
Evening primrose capsules inserted as a pessery works as a natural prostaglandin and ripens your cervix to help dilation. this is what can speed things along and induce labour x

Last edited:
I've bought RL tablets rather than the tea. Couldn't find the tea anywhere. Well, in Holland & Barret online but not instore and postage was about £4 lol.
Would have cost £5.80 ish for 20 teabags (or £9 something for 60 tea bags) so I bought 60 capsules for just under £6 and free p&p instead off amazon lol. Going to take 2 tonight with my dinner.

Phoenix, do you reckon the pills have more of the raspberry stuff in it then the tea? I'm 35 weeks and drinking 2 mins a day but don't know if it will be doing any good. Xx

Tablets are stronger. I took 3-4 a day of those x

Take evening primrose oil it's good for cervix. Raspberry tea won't help at all x

I took the tablets. The tea is rank lol

The tablets I have say 2 tablets are equivalent to 1500mg of dried raspberry leaf, which I think is a lot more than in the tea but not sure.

For anyone that does like the tea. Clippers do it, sells in tesco and i think its 50 or 60% leaf x

I take two tablets a day and drink the tea when I can be bothered I don't think it tastes too bad but I do put some sugar in it so that probably helps, I started taking one a day at 29 weeks I'm now 35+2 but getting a sweep next week so I'm doing the evening primrose oil too 2000mg orally and 1000mg as a pessary (price the capsule and pop it in at night)

Didn't think of Amazon! Going to order epo and raspberry tea tabs now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back