Raspberry leaf tea?

Chrissi

Reaction score
Anyone considering or already started drinking raspberry leaf tea? I'm definitely going to start, but not sure when the right time is or how much you should drink. All I know is you shouldn't drink it until last trimester.
I used to drink it pre pregnancy, to help with periods etc xx

I drank like a fish with my first, went two weeks over and had to get induced... Not saying it doesn't work just not a certainty.

I don't think it's meant to bring on labour, its just supposed to help strengthen uterine muscles to ease pain, which is why I used it when ttc as I had horrendous periods. I just can't find anywhere where it tells you how much to drink and when to start? Xx

I started at 34 weeks taking just the caps.

I increased every week,then intoduced at 37wks the tea bags too aswell as the caps.

It didnt help me with regards to being induced (my friend stupidly took more than the recommended dose and at 35wks she went into labour, they stopped it.. Same thing happened 37wks when she did it again, ended up having a terrible lavour as baby easnt really ready to be born)..

Anyway i didnt have him till 41+3. But from 1st contraction to birth it was only 8hrs and from fully dilated to birth 1hr 15mins on just G&A.

My uterus contracted back down really quick afterwards and MWs said the tea helps with that. So ill be defo taking it again! :)

I bought the caps from amazon as my local H&B had a crappy dose. The teabags i got from tesco, think it was the clippers brand as they have a good % of the real leaf in them xxx

Last edited:
I drank it religiously with my first.

32 weeks - 1 cup
34 weeks - 2 cups
36 weeks - 3 cups
38 weeks - 4 cups per day

I did some research before hand (5 years ago mind) and followed that ^^^

I just started drinking it, 2 days ago at 35 weeks. Not sure if it even works but hey ho, why not?

I got the clipper one, which is like 50% raspberry leaf and 50% other flavours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back