Raspberry Leaf Tea

Samsgirl

Reaction score
when did you start and how much??

i have seen people on here previously say 1 cup a day at 32 weeks.....asked midwife and she said not to start it until 37 weeks. is that just them covering themselves as that is when you are 'full term'..

my understanding was it didnt bring on labour, just helped strengthen uterus to make contractions more effective....im going to need that to get this big one out! ha ha

whats your thoughts ladies?

xx

ah cool....thanks :)

might have a sneaky one tomorrow then x

i started at 32 weeks with jake with the tablets as mw said it was ok, suppose all midwives are different though xx

I want to start in a couple of weeks but can someone explain what it actuallys does as last scan shows low lying placenta so till I'm 34 weeks won't know if I can birth naturally so don't wanna start taking if it might do something to placenta If anyone has any info on this b much appreciated! Thanks! X

I want to start in a couple of weeks but can someone explain what it actuallys does as last scan shows low lying placenta so till I'm 34 weeks won't know if I can birth naturally so don't wanna start taking if it might do something to placenta If anyone has any info on this b much appreciated! Thanks! X

I believe its meant to soften the cervix and is meant to help with labour and make the pushing stage shorter. I can't see it harming you if you took it, but if it turned out you couldn't give birth naturally then you'll find it will of been a waste of time and money! (Though I suppose you won't actually know this until its nearer the time)

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

They will tell me at 34 weeks deffo if I'm having one they said so could just hold off until then!

Thank you! X

I started taking them at 36 weeks. Was taking two capsules a day but will be upping it to 4 today.xx

My mw said she I could start when I wanted it! It wont bring on labour and it wont do any harm. She drank it herself!

Will start mine today - one cup a day:)

My antenatal told me it does bring on labour !! I'd follow your midwife Hun xx

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started taking them at 36 weeks. Was taking two capsules a day but will be upping it to 4 today.xx

Hi hun, What MG are your capsuals? i've been taking them since 32 weeks, does it say on your Jar how many to take because mine says 1-2 a day and nothing to do with pregnancy.

i've been doing/plan on doing.

32-33 weeks 1/day
34-37 weeks 2/day
37-40 weeks 3/day.

so far hasn't brought on any more BH's xx

ive been having 1 cup most days since half way thru week 31, so far i still havent noticed any BH or any changes so all seems ok, will up it to 2 cups after this week. it tastes ok with honey in it, but i do drink herbal tea sometimes with honey as a sweetner so maybe im used to its taste lol

Hey I have been wondering about this and was going to get some at the weekend and start. Just found this article which is quite a good quick read: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnan...abourexpert/?scid=gb_en_mbtw_pregnancy_preg34

Glad i read it to be honest as it advises me not to due to medical history. x

Yes, I found that article too, and glad I read it as there are several reasons listed it may not be safe for me to take raspberry leaf tea. Am going to ask the midwife at my appointment next Tuesday just to get her opinion. I always drink lots of herbal and fruit teas, and am now worrying maybe I shouldn't be having any of those either!

Hopefully the herbal teas have been ok for you and have got this far ok! :)

I am glad i read it otherwise i would start worrying if i had started then found out after. But i am also going to ask MW next week x

Hopefully the herbal teas have been ok for you and have got this far ok! :)

I am glad i read it otherwise i would start worrying if i had started then found out after. But i am also going to ask MW next week x

Hope so! I have quite a range of different types of teas, so never too much of the same thing, so hopefully ok!

Always best to check these things out before starting them. MW might well say it's fine, but now I've read that I think I will probably steer clear regardless of what MW says otherwise I will only stress more! Lol xx

This is really interesting - I'd never heard of this before. I think that anything that can help is worth giving a go (if safe of course). Its a bit ealry for me to start and I might need a c-section so I'm going to wait and find out about that first.

Hmmmm wonder what it tastes like, I'm not great with herbal tea other than peppermint :roll:

my friend used it before both of hers and neither one of her labours was more than 6 hrs, no major tearing or anything and she swears it was the tea lol

This is really interesting - I'd never heard of this before. I think that anything that can help is worth giving a go (if safe of course). Its a bit ealry for me to start and I might need a c-section so I'm going to wait and find out about that first.

Hmmmm wonder what it tastes like, I'm not great with herbal tea other than peppermint :roll:

To me it tastes like warm summer fruit squash... I'm not great on herbal tea either but gave this one a go for the first time last night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back