Raspberry leaf tea question?

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Hellooo ladies

Ive got a quick question, were do u ladies buy ur raspberry leaf tea & is there a particular brand or type that is best? I think im safe to take it now from 34wks arent i?, can anyone plz clarify???

Tnx loadsssd xx

I started taking it at 34 weeks.

I brought clipper raspberry leaf from tesco for £ 1.99 xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Sorry can I just ask what the raspberry leaf tea is for? :/ xx

Research indicates it may shorted active labour by 10minutes

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

For toning the uterus and preparing it for labour I think. I got the capsules from Holland and Barrett and the clipper tea bags from tesco. Apparently you can take them from 32 weeks but I didn't start until 37 x

Oh can u take the both at same time then? I had a look in my tescos but they had none, wondered was it just natural shops u got it in. Must try a bigger tescos then. Heard it helps tone uterus in prep, dont think it induces labour or anything (well hope not) Also going to try & start doing that perineal massage thingy, was told eve primrose oil also helps with that too apparently. Prob all nonsense lol x

I got mine from holland and barrett... they do the capsules but are so much more expensive.

Got the tea bags in the buy one get one half price thing. The woman said they only stock one type as all pretty mich the same! So think any would be finw xx

I'm planning on getting capsules from Holland and Barrett as I've heard the actual tea isn't the most pleasant taste! I'm just waiting to check with my midwife that I'm ok to take them.

I got the caps and tea from Holland and Barrett. The tea doesn't taste too bad actually!

Xx

I need to get some of this. Better add it to my list!

Tis nice ice cold... I make a huge jug and keep it in the fridge ;)

Clipper brand for tea begs. Tesco 20 for £1.99 50%leaf!

Girls i really do think this helped. I was taking both caps n teabags.
I brlieve it helped thin out my cervix and also my womb has already atrunk way brlow my belly button. All MWs were very impressed n happy.
Jelly belly now tho lolol

Id get it.
No harm to u or baby xx

I brlieve it helped thin out my cervix and also my womb has already atrunk way brlow my belly button. All MWs were very impressed n happy.

Id get it.
No harm to u or baby xx

When did u start taking them? Am i right in saying u need to be taking them for few weeks to get the full benefit? Sounds like ur recovering well then, though scared to ask about those stitches...ouchie!! Have u any other pre labour tips?? xx

I got capsules last week from holland and Barrett. They are in their sale at moment so buy one get one free :) can't remember how many is in the tub but its massive. Also got tea bags from there but don't like them.

Our midwives advise not to take them before 36 weeks because (with the tea) you don't know what dose your getting and you don't know what effect they may have on you (like preterm labour!)

Id get it.
No harm to u or baby xx

When did u start taking them? Am i right in saying u need to be taking them for few weeks to get the full benefit? Sounds like ur recovering well then, though scared to ask about those stitches...ouchie!! Have u any other pre labour tips?? xx

Hey hun. I started the caps at 2 a day at 34weeks.. The ones i got only recommended 2.. When i finished that tub i bought ones from H&B and these were up to 6.. I was 37wks by the so took the 6 and 1-2cups of the tea a du. Lasted upto due date.
I dno if it helpe or not as its my 1st baby but im doing good!

Labour tip... Listen to ur body!!! Sounds silly but honest even down to pushing it just all comes naturally!
Also listen to the midwife, mine was amazing that helped deliver Noah.
And i honestly think if u take the gas and air only whent needed u shouldnt need any more pain relief!! :) xx

Id get it.
No harm to u or baby xx

Hey hun. I started the caps at 2 a day at 34weeks.. The ones i got only recommended 2.. When i finished that tub i bought ones from H&B and these were up to 6.. I was 37wks by the so took the 6 and 1-2cups of the tea a du. Lasted upto due date.
I dno if it helpe or not as its my 1st baby but im doing good!

Labour tip... Listen to ur body!!! Sounds silly but honest even down to pushing it just all comes naturally!
Also listen to the midwife, mine was amazing that helped deliver Noah.
And i honestly think if u take the gas and air only whent needed u shouldnt need any more pain relief!! :) xx

Glad ur doing well hun, sounds like u did amazing!! Im going to get some tabs & tea this week, il be 35wks so should be ok. I think the mw at ante natal mentioned taking it from 34, wish could remember (baby brain) x

the tea is nice with honey in it to sweeten, i started it a t 32 weeks last time, 1 cup a day then increased by 1 cup a day every week, so 32 weeks 1 cup a day, 33 weeks 2 cups a day etc, i pushed out my massive DD1 naturally despite her being back to back so i really think it helped a lot

My tip twinnings is rank the clipper one is nice as is the health food shop ones but twinnings I can't take also you can brew it up then stick it in the fridge for a nice cold drink later is nice then like a cool squash xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back