Raspberry leaf tea and Evening Primrose Oil

Gemsy

Reaction score
Where is everyone buying it from? Couldn't find any in Boots or Mothercare today :(

hi sorry to sound stupid what is this for ive seen a few threads on it and was wondering ? x

EPO you can get in most health food shops - like holland and Barrett, most chemists do them, but with vitamins etc, as do supermarkets

RLT I've only found in holland an barret.

EPO can help to ripen the cervix, may encourage labour to start, and lower risk of tearing.

RLT can help to strengthen uterine muscles making contractions more effective possibly leading to a shorter labour (an average of 10mins shorter!)

Neither is to bring on labour!!

thanks - oh right i c and when r u allowed to take it ? x

EPO orally from 34weeks I think, can insert from 36.

RLT advice varies - 36 I think, but there are a few contraindications and you shouldn't use it if you have family history of female cancers, previous fast labour, multiple preg. (I'm sure there are a few others)

Does its tree if u don't know ur family history ? X

I had no idea about the family history thing :/ I have been drinking RLT since 35 weeks, a cup a day now I'm onto 2 cups a day, and taking 6 RL capsules a days since 36+3. Started taking EPO tablets a week ago, 2 in the morning 1 at night and then the oil at night, and so far all my skin has cleared up! :) I don't think they can really do any harm, I used to take EPO all the time because they seemed to curb mood swings during my period, but I don't know :) ask your midwife :) x

Can RLT help with healing & recovery when uv had a c sec? Just wondering about those uterine muscles u mentioned lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back