Raspberry Leaf or Primrose Oil

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Gem212, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Gem212

Gem212 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies

I saw the consultant yesterday and had my growth scan, all was well and there estimating the bubba at nearly 6lb already!! :oooo:

The consultant was lovely and i discussed how id been feeling with my low iron levels and B12 and the severe SPD pain I've been getting and they have offered to see me for a possible early induction just after 37 weeks, he said if my cervix was favourable they would book me in the next day!!

I was just wondering if anyone had experience with either raspberry leaf tea capsules and primrose oil and which one is best for softening the cervix?

2. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

I don't know personally as I haven't had the baby yet but I've been on raspberry leaf tea since 33 weeks and haven't tried epo nor am I going to. I have heard that rlt is good for the 2nd stage of labour rather than bringing labour on.

3. Clare80

Clare80 Well-Known Member

They are for different things - raspberry leaf tones the uterus and helps with your contractions and also returning to normal afterwards. Evening primrose oil is for softening cervix.

4. MrsMcc

MrsMcc Well-Known Member

I have a prolapse and I have
    pessary ring since I had it in felt soo sore down below I started taking raspberry leaf and the pains have eased alot like my cervix is soft and not hard and sore. I really think they work

5. HopeJoy29

HopeJoy29 Well-Known Member

Hey. Just stoppinh to say ive started taking both and ive had a few niggles thats all im 38 plus 4 i have my consultant on thirsday if my BP is high i could be induced xx

6. strongminded

strongminded Well-Known Member

My cousin started using evening primrose at 30weeks to.help soften cervix

#6 strongminded, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  7. Applecider

Applecider Well-Known Member

Ive bought some Raspberry leaf tea and just having my first cup! Anyone had any experience of taking it before or taking it this time. Heard lots of stories about short second stage of labour? I actually have no idea how long I was pushing for last time thats q question I need to ask. I was 2cm with contractions for 5 days last time, 5 days without sleep..... I honestly can't do that again xx

8. KirstyLeigh88

KirstyLeigh88 Well-Known Member

I have been using epo for the past couple of weeks, and been told my cervix is really soft :) rlt is for the pushing stage more than anything :)

9. Prettypee

Prettypee Well-Known Member

I drank raspberry leaf tea, 1 a day from 34 weeks with my first- 2nd stage was only 19 minutes! All my nct friends that drank it had really short second stages. I'm now 34 weeks with number 2 and just started up again. X

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk