Raspberry Leaf - Can u overdose?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Right im thinking of increasing the dose that im having (3 x 2 tablets) but wondered if its safe to do so? Can I have too many or am I ok as they are only natural?

hmmm i would say i doubt it because theyre herbal...but i would also say i wouldnt chance it..its not worth the risk considering she will be here very very soon

helpful arent i :doh: hehe

TBH I don't think it will start you off if you up the dose as it doesn't stimulate contractions, only makes the uterus more organised when you have started with labour.

Sorry chick :hug: :hug: :hug:

never exceed stated dose hun. if u wanna get things going, u need to hav sex! i did my research in my 39th week, only oxytocin (orgasms and nipple stimulation) and prostaglandins (semen) will kick off labour, the rest are myths!

i had to stop taking them last time cos they made me start vomitting :( i wouldnt take more than what they say.
my midwife said sex is the only thing that will get the cervix ripe and ready :puke: if you can face it

I was thinking of starting the tablets, what is the recommended dose to start off on and increase to? :?

trixipaws said:
never exceed stated dose hun. if u wanna get things going, u need to hav sex! i did my research in my 39th week, only oxytocin (orgasms and nipple stimulation) and prostaglandins (semen) will kick off labour, the rest are myths!

my OH won't have sex with me but is happy to provide the goods for me, will drinking it do much?

annem said:
trixipaws said:

my OH won't have sex with me but is happy to provide the goods for me, will drinking it do much?

lol i did read one or two articles that said the prostaglandins work well orally. i offered my boyf a bj too but he declined! he said i was a turn-off askin him to get the baby out :lol:

u can but try if ur OH is willing!

trixipaws said:

Sex???? What's that? Been so long I've forgotten. My BF is not really keen at the mo, despite me telling him that it might be just what is needed to get madam to vacate. Can't blame him though, it's hardly a romantic proposition :lol:

PLEASE DONT DO WHAT I DID!!!!

I seriously overdosed on them, i was taking 10 every 2 days the last week cos i was desperate - the midwife said it didnt have any affects on her but was probably the reason that she shot out of me so quick! less then two mins pushing and didnt even push the contractions were doing it for me.

But I was stupid though so please dont copy me

trixipaws said:
annem said:
trixipaws said:

lol i did read one or two articles that said the prostaglandins work well orally. i offered my boyf a bj too but he declined! he said i was a turn-off askin him to get the baby out :lol:

u can but try if ur OH is willing!

as long as i don't mention why i'm after it he will be fine. From my due date i'll 'suddenly' want to lots!! he'll never catch on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back