raspberry leaf and evening primrose?

iwanttobeamumm

Reaction score
just wondering is it safe to take evening primrose oil capsules and raspberry leaf capsules at the same time ive been told the epo will help bring on labour and the rbl will ripen the cervix but can they be taken oraly together? i've also been using the epo capsules as a pessary im 40 +1 and being induced on thursday and want things to get going before then everyone has told me castor oil but ive heard its dangerous but any other advice will be REALLY APPRECIATED

I didnt no EPO is used for bringing on labour..

RLT is fine tho xx

It's the other way around in that EPO will help the cervix to ripen. RLT won't bring on labour but will help with the pushing stage and make it shorter (apparently) I take them together and did so with my dd and have been fine and there's no warnings etc about not taking them together. I highly recommend you do not use castor oil as all it will cause is diarrhea and stomach cramps which can then lead to uterine cramps and thus labour. It will make you poorly, dehydrated and potentially exhausted before labour even starts so it's not worth the risk - It's likely to be worse than any induction process where at least you and baby will be monitored. HTH x

You could get some clary sage oil to try in the bath - just a couple of drops in a bath full is plenty, it is another homeopathic method to bring on labour - don't know if any of them work but I used it with my dd also. It smells very strong so go easy on the amount - especially in warm water which makes it smell stronger!

The jury is out of castor oil - as there is evidence that it can cause baby to move bowels which is a sign of distress - but being overdue increases this risk as well, and as that's when most folk take castor oil so it's virtually impossible to separate the two.
X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Ive no advice as such but wanted to confirm that epo is meant to be good used as a pessary, my physio recommended it as it helps with stretching & prevents tearing apparently! U can let us know the results but i intend to do this too once im on abit. Good luck!! x

i used them both and massaged with clary sage, dunno if it helped but anything was a bonus with my hefty girl. i had an episiotomy but it healed up quick and wasnt any trouble either so the epo could of helped with that. i had a sweep at 40+3 which set off labour so maybe the epo helped ripen my cervix a bit too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back