Rash on one side of cheek

Discussion in 'Kids Health' started by Monkey, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Monkey

Monkey Well-Known Member

Today I have noticed that E has a sort of rash on her cheek. It looks like she is blushing but its a little raised and has a very slight shine to it. It's also slightly hot to the touch.

I have tried to look it up but all I can see is stuff about heat rash. I doubt it is that though as even when she was cooled down the rash didn't fade. I have washed the area with water to see if it was any dribble that just dried there but nothing has budged it. It doesn't seem to bother her, however I am a little worried about it. I may just be paranoid or overreacting, but I worry about everything that happens to her :(.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

#1 Monkey, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  2. Maria1977

Maria1977 Well-Known Member

Sounds like teething rash? Oz gets this when his teeth are playing him up, and it doesn't always result in a tooth when the rash is gone. Just means they are shifting around doing their thing in the gums and aggrevating poor LO!

3. Monkey

Monkey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info... Never thought of that. I will keep my eyes out for any other signs, not that I know what they are. She has been dribbling more than she used to. Could that be another sign?

4. Maria1977

Maria1977 Well-Known Member

5. Monkey

Monkey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I shall go and have a look at it now. Hopefully it is what she has so I can stop stressing and stop examining her every 5 seconds.

6. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

Kynon has this just now too. I think it's teething rash, he's drooling constantly and really biting at his fists too.