Rare False Positive or Pregnant?

flowergypsy

Reaction score
Hello all!

Today I took a clearblue digital pregnancy test I had stored in my bathroom bin that I purchased a few months back and it was new and unopened. Just for sh*ts and giggles I decided to pee on this extra hpt thinking to myself there is no way I could be pregnant. Well a few minutes later the test read PREGNANT and I’ve been freaking out ever since. I have never been pregnant before so this is a whole new experience for me. I have taken tests all my life to be safe and they have always always been negative until today.

A good friend of mine stopped at the store and bought me two more non-digital tests which I took and both were NEGATIVE. I then raced to the nearest clinic and had another urine test done and it was again negative. The doc said she did not want to tell me for sure that I am not pregnant because she felt that I was taking tests just a tad too soon and she herself is confused by how I could get a positive the first time and thought that it’s possible there was something wrong with the digital test itself. She suggested I wait 5 more days to take another hpt and then a blood test later to be sure so that is what I am going to do, but I still can’t shake these feelings because the first test was positive.

I had unprotected sex 15 days ago. He pulled out but went back in. Don’t ask me why. I experienced about 4/5 days of a strange brown discharge with no odor and then it went away. I should have my period around this week or the next. I have no other symptoms or anything pointing to pregnancy. I am really out of my element here and unsure of how to feel about this. I have read that false negatives are very common while false positives are very rare. If anyone has any ideas or experience to share I would greatly appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back